Diversity and Inclusiveness (D&I)
“Respecting differences and leveraging the unique skills of our people is the cornerstone of our business. It is what allows us to deliver better business outcomes for our clients and it’s what nurtures a more engaged and productive workforce. Investment in our people makes good business sense.”
- Rob McLeod
At Ernst & Young our ambition is to provide our clients with exceptional service through adding value to the diverse public and private organisation we work with. To achieve this goal, we need to be able to bring different people together to provide a breadth of experience and diversity of thought.
It is essential that we source the right people from the widest talent pool available who can provide outstanding client service while achieving their full potential.
We see Diversity & Inclusiveness not only as a crucial business imperative but also as a social responsibility.
The key focus areas for our Diversity and Inclusiveness strategy are:
- Gender Equity - learn more on our Women in Leadership page
- Ethnic Diversity
- Successful flexible work practices which meet the needs of our people.
We are also committed to supporting our LGBT employees through our GLOW (Gay, Lesbian and Others at Work) network.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusiveness goes beyond rhetoric – we have clear plans in place to bring to life our ambition:
- To achieve greater representation of women in senior leadership positions, by setting gender targets to focus our efforts in the way we recruit, develop, retain and promote women.
- To leverage the unique talents of our culturally diverse workforce through inclusive leadership.
- To provide our employees with the flexibility that they need at each stage of their lives.
- To help close the gaps between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other Australians, through the actions we have committed to in our Reconciliation Action Plan.
- To support our LGBT employees by working to increase understanding and provide the support needed by our employees.
We know that this is what our people need to flourish, what our clients expect, and what our community deserves.
We invite you to listen to Ernst & Young’s Oceania Managing Partner and CEO, Rob McLeod as he talks about Diversity & Inclusiveness: