Government & Public Sector
Transport is vital to Australia’s prosperity and standard of living. Our vast land distances, our distance from the world and large urban environments present many transport challenges as we continue to grow.
The solutions required to solve our transport challenges are becoming increasingly complex. With government funding now very limited, Australia needs to be innovative to increase competitiveness through improvements in transport efficiency and customer service in the face of population growth and capacity constraints.
EY is at the forefront with service providers and government policy makers as we meet these challenges.
EY specialises in transport, with a national team skilled in all aspects of the sector. Working across both the passenger and freight sectors, EY has assisted governments with:
- Transport strategic planning
- Transport investment business cases
- Customer experience and service improvement initiatives
- Commercial and financial advice on major transport projects
- Contestability and commissioning
- Regulatory reform
- Business process transformation and change management
- Strategic procurement and program management
- Enterprise-wide risk management and internal audit
- Business information and management reporting reform.
Our services include:
- Public transport by heavy rail, light rail, taxi and bus
- Rail freight
- Road freight
- Port operations and efficiency
- End to end supply chain
- Cycling and walking
EY is registered on all the major advisory panels in each State covering our large range of services.
EY is also a regular participant in transport industry forums and is a member of the Transport Reform Network.