Power & Utilities
Inside Oceania Power & Utilities: Matt shares insights on latest developments
- The war for dispatch: Who will control distributed energy?
Distributed energy offers different benefits to different players. So who will win the war for dispatch?
- Distributed energy, system balancing and the need for policy leadership
Why Australia needs an urgent review of current energy policy.
- The battle for Australian energy retail dominance
Why energy retailers need to change their customer relationship.
- Gender diversity must be a priority for utilities
Australasian utilities are more gender-diverse compared to the regional average but must do more to navigate the industry’s transformation.
- How a lack of awareness of Asian markets is costing the Australian utilities sector
As domestic demand slows, utilities in developed markets must engage in the Asian energy sector or risk their ability to grow.
- Uber electricity? Not so fast
Why the electricity sector is not ready for complete disruption.
- Why it’s time for a new energy retail model
In this age of new technology, customer empowerment, and high churn, energy retailers must move from the scale model of cost-plus-margin and bring innovation to the energy retail model.
- Disruption in utilities – why the challenge is culture, not technology
Disruptive trends are no longer a future threat for utilities but today’s reality. But the discussion often focuses on technological transformation rather than cultural shift.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Unprecedented and growing regulatory and competitive pressures continue to place a burden on the power and utilities sector. What should your organisation consider? View our webcast recording.