Diverse field announced in 2013 Australian Entrepreneur Of The Year® awards
Monday 20 May 2013 — An elite group of 83 of the best and brightest entrepreneurs from around the country will be vying for the opportunity to be named this year’s Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year.
The 2013 nominee field, announced today, includes entrepreneurs from a diverse range of sectors including renewable energy, pet products, media and entertainment, biotech, construction and childcare.
Nominees will first vie for regional honours at award ceremonies across the country between July and September. The regional winners will then go on to compete for national honours in Sydney at the end of November.
The only truly global program of its kind, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is considered the world’s most prestigious business award, with entrepreneurs participating from more than 140 cities in over 50 countries. The overall Australian winner will have the opportunity to travel to Monte Carlo next year to represent Australia at the World Entrepreneur Of The Year awards.
Bryan Zekulich, EY Oceania Entrepreneur Of The Year Leader, said this year’s crop of nominees represented some of the most dynamic business leaders in Australia today.
“Entrepreneurs are passionate and innovative individuals who make a significant contribution to the Australian business community, creating jobs, boosting our economy and inspiring others to reach their potential,” Zekulich said.
“EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is a celebration of these achievements. We congratulate all of our 2013 nominees for being selected to take part in this year’s program and wish them all the best in their journey towards nationals.”
Grahame Petersen, Group Executive Business and Private Banking, Commonwealth Bank, commended the entrepreneurs for making it to the next round of these distinguished awards.
“On behalf of the Commonwealth Bank, I would like to congratulate the entrepreneurs who’ve been selected to take part in the Entrepreneur Of The Year program. It’s encouraging to see such a diverse and passionate group of nominees, and it clearly demonstrates that the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well in Australia,” said Petersen.
The nominees for the 2013 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year awards, by region, are:
Central region (SA & NT)
- Mario Andreacchio - AMPCO Films
- Russell Bianco – Bianco Precast
- Angela Giacoumis – Careerlink Training and Recruitment Services
- Jock Gordon – MenuPad
- Phil Hoffmann AM – Phil Hoffmann Travel
- Robin Johnson – Robin Johnson Engineering
- Anthony Kittel – Redarc
- Tony Maiello – Essential Beauty
- Vince Manuele – Manuele Engineers
- Paul Martin – Aerial Photography Specialists
- Kim McNamara – KJM Contractors
- Anthony Romeo – Romeo’s Retail Group
- Peter Rowe – Petrol Services Australia
- Aaron Superina – Outside Ideas
- Social entrepreneur – Nicholas Lee – The Jodi Lee Foundation
- Champion of Entrepreneurship – Frank Seeley AM – Seeley International
The Central region awards ceremony will be held in Adelaide on Thursday, 25 July 2013.
Northern region (QLD)
- Dr Andy Boud and Dr Alex Streit – ImmersaView
- Ben Bradshaw – SponsoredLinX
- Kate Farrar – QEnergy
- Vanessa Garrard – E3 Style
- Damian Hackett – Place Estate Agents
- Fred Mohammed – Crane Trucks R Us
- Tracey Robertson and Nathan Mayfield – Hoodlum
- Glenn Rutherford – Aero-Care Flight Support
- Mark Scherrer – Ferra Engineering
- Kerren Smith – J. Smith and Sons
- Listed award – Andrew Buckley – Cardno
- Social entrepreneur – Hetty Johnston – Bravehearts Inc.
- Champion of Entrepreneurship – Terry White AO – Terry White Chemists
The Northern region awards ceremony will be held in Brisbane on Thursday, 8 August 2013.
Western region (WA)
- Paul Blackburne – Blackburne Property Group
- Jeff Elliott – CSA Global
- Rob Evans – Velrada
- Jim Giumelli – Ertech Holdings
- Enzo Gullotti – Global Construction Services Limited
- Gavin Hegney – Hegney Property Group
- Olivia Humphrey – Kanopy
- Sam Keats – Living Environs Pty Ltd
- Roy Mellon – Proactiv Payroll
- Sue Pember – Aussie Orientation Services
- Mark Tuke – Sun Connect
- Frank Wilson – TFS Corporation Ltd
- Listed award – Geoff Baker – MACA
- Social entrepreneur – Dr Fiona Wood AM – The Fiona Wood Foundation
- Champion of Entrepreneurship – Rod Jones – Navitas
The Western region awards ceremony will be held in Perth on Thursday, 22 August 2013.
Eastern region (NSW & ACT)
- Adam Boyle – Pegasus
- Dale Carr – LeadBolt
- Alistair Champion – Laser Clinics Australia
- Michael Chugg AM – Chugg Entertainment
- Richard Earl – Talent International
- Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin – BlueChilli
- Andrew Ferry – Baseplan Software
- Mark Green, Justin Drape and Scott Nowell – The Monkeys
- Michael Harte – Northbridge Network Systems
- Adina Jacobs and Ethan Nyholm – STM Bags
- Nicole Kersh – 4Cabling
- Brendan McAssey – Only About Children
- Tony Nash – Booktopia
- Sue-Ann San and Rachel Zeilic – stylestalker
- Iwan Sunito – Crown Group Holdings
- Karl Ye – GMP Pharmaceuticals
- Social entrepreneur – Professor Stephen MacMahon – The George Institute for Global Health
- Champion of Entrepreneurship – John Grill – WorleyParsons
The Eastern region awards ceremony will be held in Sydney on Thursday, 29 August 2013.
Southern region (VIC & TAS)
- Conrad Bates – C3 Business Solutions
- Stuart Elliott – Planet Innovation Pty Ltd
- Jackie Fairley – Starpharma Holdings Ltd
- Shesh Ghale – Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Carl Krumins – SMSGlobal
- David Kruse – kruse,media.
- Jason Smith – Back in Motion Health Group
- Diane Tompson – The Powercom Group
- Fergus Watts – Subfour
- Jason Wyatt and Sam Salter – BikeExchange
- Shane Young – PETStock
- Listed award – Andrew Bassat – SEEK
- Social entrepreneur – Allan Turner – Zaidee's Rainbow Foundation
- Champion of Entrepreneurship – Gerry Ryan OAM – Jayco, GreenEDGE
The Southern region awards ceremony will be held in Melbourne on Thursday, 5 September 2013.
Biographies for the 2013 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year nominees are available online at www.eoy.ey.com.au.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 167,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organisation of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EY Australia, a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
Tel: +61 2 9726 9305 or 0418 835 849