Aligning rewards with business strategy
2013 Executive and Board Remuneration Report
Remuneration committees continue to face significant pressures when determining the right remuneration strategy for their business.
We anticipate more focus by remuneration committees on the processes behind their decision making and the information required to optimise decision making.
The challenging economic environment influenced primarily from the slowing resource sector, overseas economic conditions and the strong Australian Dollar has resulted in a constrained remuneration environment.
Themes for 2013
Key themes emerging for the year ahead include:
- Next phase of legislative developments
- Focus on breadth of skills
- Progress on gender diversity
- Enabling optimal decision-making by the board
- Continued restraint in fixed remuneration
- Increased alignment of remuneration strategies with the business
- A desire to make incentives more meaningful
Discover more by accessing the 2013 Executive and Board Remuneration Report Executive Summary or by clicking the link on the right of the page.