Conflict Minerals: new rules and steps to take
Assisting you in becoming Conflict Minerals Compliant
How EY can help
A prudent approach to addressing the Conflict Minerals Compliance requirements includes the following key steps:
- Applicability, planning and readiness
- Program development
- Program Implementation and Testing
- Reporting and assurance readiness
- Assurance Conflict Minerals Report
We can help you take those steps with:
- Our multi-disciplinary network: Our Belgian team includes dedicated risk management, forensic, supply chain and sustainability professionals who assist clients from across industries and in countries around the world. They build up core competencies in internal audit, supply chain risk management, information technology, environmental health and safety (EHS), sustainability reporting and assurance and a range of other key areas. As needed, our Belgian teams can also access the deep knowledge and resources of EY worldwide.
- Our experience: Our organization has global experience in assisting multinationals in conflict minerals compliance projects, amongst others in the US, UK and France, from which existing knowledge, tools and templates can be used to tackle the conflict minerals compliance issue locally here in Belgium. In Belgium, we have also assisted clients in SoX compliance projects, the set-up of risk management frameworks and internal audit functions, authored assurance opinions and conclusions on a wide range of sustainability and corporate social responsibility disclosures.
- Our global reach: We are the most globally integrated Big Four organization, bringing together more than 167,000 people across 152 countries. With competencies in assurance, tax, advisory and transactions, our professionals are ready to address your needs regardless of the geography of your supply chain or its complexity.