What does working at EY feel like?
Talk to anyone at EY and they’ll tell you what a rewarding place it is to work. We attract individuals from different backgrounds and cultures who — like you — bring a unique point of view and unique business skills. You’ll work with great people and will be exposed to a range of alternative perspectives, building lifelong relationships and networks. You’ll also play an important part in fostering sustainable growth – helping to create the fundamentals that are vital to economic health right around the world.
Everyone’s opinion is valued. After all, diversity of thought and ideas enables us to provide better services to our clients. In return for your input and ideas, we’re committed to giving you the experiences you need to progress and develop as well as the learning and coaching to help you to excel.
For us, it’s vital you share our goals — so we can work together to achieve success.
Embracing the diversity that helps us grow
Diverse viewpoints produce better answers. That’s why EY embraces the increased diversity that is such a feature of the modern global workforce. Respect, integrity and teamwork define the way we work. In fact, as a business built around inclusive, borderless teams, they’re essential principles that guide everything we do. As soon as you join us, you’ll be encouraged to develop a truly global mindset, build strong relationships and embrace diversity in all its forms. By valuing the differences in your colleagues, you enable your perspective to change and, ultimately, provide better advice and ideas to your clients.
We’ll help you get where you want to go
At EY, you’ll be provided with the experiences, training and coaching you need to be part of our high-performing teams.
You’ll be inspired to achieve your aims, both professionally and personally, while making a difference to our clients and in our communities. And you’ll be empowered to take your career in the direction you want it to go.
Find out more about the learning, experiences and coaching that will shape your development.
Engagement: we’ll involve you in our business – and in the wider community
At EY we have a strong commitment to involvement and teamwork. It’s important you feel part of our wider organization and feel at first hand the powerful impact we’re able to have on businesses and communities.
This sense of involvement stretches a long way beyond the formal work you’ll add to your CV/resume. It’s about the bonds that you form with your colleagues, the support you give to our corporate responsibility activities and the way you contribute to our ongoing discussions within the organization. And the experiences you gain along the way will last throughout your working life.
We make a difference
If you join EY, you’ll feel welcome from your first day until long after you leave. But there are lots of opportunities to enhance your sense of belonging here.
That’s because we take community leadership seriously; our support for the United Nations Global Compact and Transparency International are just two examples. And we rely on the enthusiasm and skills of our people to cement our place in each community we’re a part of.
Corporate responsibility at EY
You’ve found the right place if you want to make a difference outside of your professional role. Our approach to corporate responsibility coordinates volunteering activities — in education, entrepreneurship and environmental sustainability — in a way that makes real use of your unique skills and capabilities. That way, you can have a far greater personal impact.
Community engagement is also a key part of our global career development framework.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop in new and different contexts. You might be improving your public speaking, sharpening your negotiating skills or collaborating with people from a variety of backgrounds. But at the same time, you’ll be helping the community and building career-enhancing skills.
Not everyone spends their whole career at EY. But no matter where your career takes you, you’ll find your time here will do more than develop your skills and increase your experience.
You’ll have made connections and friendships that will prove invaluable throughout your career. As an EY alumnus, you’ll be offered many opportunities to network with your fellow professionals.
So however your career evolves, you’ll continue to benefit from your time with us, whether you choose to leave or stay. And if you do decide to pursue opportunities outside EY, we hope you’ll become one of the many people who rejoin, bringing valuable experience and perspectives that enrich our organization.
In exchange for meeting challenges and bringing your best to every project that comes your way, you deserve to be rewarded for your contribution to EY's success.
As an EY employee, you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. At EY, your total rewards extend beyond competitive salaries and traditional benefits to include a range of policies, programs and benefits that help you to succeed in all aspects of your life. And through Total Rewards Connection, a firm-sponsored website, we provide easy 24/7 access to personalized information on compensation, benefits, time off policies, career development, work environment and other programs.
Base and variable pay
Base pay: Your base salary compensates you for the value you bring to the firm and for meeting our everyday high expectations. We offer base pay that is externally competitive, internally equitable and tied to performance.
Variable pay: Our variable pay program rewards and recognizes you for your contributions that go above and beyond our everyday high expectations.
- Annual performance bonuses selectively recognize individuals for extraordinary achievements sustained over the majority of the year.
- Recognition awards acknowledge exceptional short-term efforts or results by individuals or teams.
Health and welfare
We provide a choice of high-quality health care coverage:
- Flexible Benefits plan for Health and Dental coverage
- Health Care Spending Account (HCSA)
- Contributions deducted from pay
In addition, we offer:
- A choice of two options for Supplementary Medical
- A choice of two options for Dental coverage for preventive care and restoration services
- Fitness Benefits – up to a maximum of $1000 per year for fitness memberships, qualifying activities and equipment
Savings and retirement
- A Defined Contribution pension plan with multiple investment options, employee and firm paid (firm contribution levels based on years of service)
- Defined Benefit pension plan for Executive Directors and Directors at no cost to you
- Group RRSP allows payroll deductions
Income Protection Plans
We provide a range of insurance benefits:
- Group life, and Optional group Life insurance plans
- Business Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Business travel accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability income
In addition, we offer:
- Group legal plan: For you to have access to local attorneys who provide a wide range of legal services.
- Bereavement benefit: A lump-sum payment of four months' salary (with a minimum benefit of $50,000 net of taxes) to a surviving spouse or key adult survivor, and survivor financial counseling for a 12-month period. This payment is in addition to any life insurance through the firm.
- Minimum of 15 days of vacation with additional weeks based on level and years of service.
- Statutory holidays, which include additional days off around Canada Day and Labor Day.
- Two or Three (dependant on province of employment) paid personal days annually.
- Unlimited paid time off for casual illness: We do not limit this paid time off to a fixed number of days each year. Instead, we work with individuals to permit a reasonable amount of paid time off for casual illness.
- Extended Vacation Program: This program enables eligible employees to purchase an additional five or ten days of vacation.
Support for working families
The following policies and programs are designed to help our people meet family needs while contributing in the workplace.
- Back-up child and adult care services: Low-cost back-up child and adult care for both anticipated and unexpected needs, either in centers or in-home.
- Family medical leave: Allows individuals with at least one year of service to take unpaid family medical leave for up to 16 weeks (four more than federally required).
- Maternity Leave: Offers one year of leave, with 100% top up for up to 17 weeks, dependent of years of service.
- Parental leave: Two weeks paid time off for the birth or adoption of a child.
- Adoption assistance: Pays adoption related financial assistance from $5,000 to $10,000 per adoption, with paid parental leave available for caregivers.
Additional life management
- Employee discounts: You can shop online for nationally recognized products, services and entertainment at reduced prices.
- EY Assist: The firm’s one-stop resource for solutions to work and home life issues offers confidential consultation and referrals for emotional and family issues, guidance for managing life’s transitions and research and referrals for convenience services and educational and scholarship information.
- Flexible work arrangements: These include telecommuting, reduced schedules, compressed work weeks, in addition to supporting and practicing day-to-day flexibility so that people have what they need to succeed in their careers and their personal lives.
Career and professional development
- Firmwide networks: For people with shared interests and lifestyles to build relationships and foster our inclusive culture.
- Membership in business, civic and professional organizations: Reimbursement is available for annual dues and fees for certain organizations.
- Mobility: We help people achieve their potential by providing diverse experiences that include moving between service lines, industry sectors, functions and assuming international assignments.
- Orientation: We provide a comprehensive introduction to EY, but it doesn’t stop there. Learn more about how we help develop our people.
- Professional certification reimbursement: With pre-approval from your Partner/Manager, upon successful completion of a college or university course, you may be eligible for reimbursement of 50% or 100% of the course fee and cost of textbooks up to maximum of $3500 per year.
- Service anniversary awards: We recognize and celebrate those who have a long-term relationship with us by providing them with a gift of their choice for certain milestone anniversaries.