The experience of working here: inclusiveness, development, engagement
Talk to anyone at Ernst & Young and they’ll tell you it's a rewarding place to work in many ways.
Recruiting outstanding people is just the start. Inclusiveness at Ernst & Young means making sure all our people’s voices are heard and valued. This not only helps attract and retain the best people, but also it helps get better answers for our clients and our organization.
Our approach to development involves offering the learning, experiences and coaching all our people need to enrich their careers and deliver the best results for clients, as well as offering additional programs for current and future leaders of our organization.
We want all our people to feel enthused by their work and their colleagues and to be comfortable in an organization that gives them the flexibility to achieve their professional and personal aspirations. We engage our people in many ways, from selecting the right people to lead major change, to taking an interest in our people as individuals, to being sure to say thank you for a job well done.
There is a wide range of opportunities for you to increase your sense of belonging at Ernst & Young. Among our many communities, Corporate Responsibility provides the chance to give something back to the local and wider community, while our Alumni network provides you with networking opportunities among your peers.
Rewards and benefits
In exchange for meeting challenges and bringing your best to every project that comes your way, you deserve to be rewarded for your contribution to Ernst & Young's success. Learn more about the rewards and benefits we offer.
Inclusiveness: our differences are an asset
Respect, integrity and teamwork define the way we work.
You’ll be encouraged to develop a truly global mindset, build strong relationships and embrace diversity in all its forms.
By valuing the differences in your colleagues, you enable your perspective to change and, ultimately, provide better advice and ideas to your clients.
Career development: we’ll help you get where you want to go
At Ernst & Young, you’ll be provided with the experiences, training and coaching you need to achieve your potential.
You’ll be inspired to achieve your aims, both professionally and personally, while making a difference to our clients and in our communities.
And you’ll be empowered to take your career in the direction you want it to go.
Find out more about the learning, experiences and coaching that could frame your development.
Engagement: we’ll involve you in our business – and in the wider community
By being a part of Ernst & Young you will have the satisfaction of feeling part of an organization with global influence and capabilities that can have a powerful impact on businesses and communities.
This will be coupled with the confidence that comes from having the support you need to achieve your professional and personal aspirations.
- From our Corporate Responsibility work to our Alumni network we give you more opportunities to get involved with local communities and your peers.
- We’ll listen to you and engage in open and authentic dialogue at every level of our organization.
- We believe that people perform best in organizations to which they feel truly connected and empowered to make their own choices. Ernst & Young has earned a reputation for having a culture that enables people to meet both their personal and professional goals. More than work/life balance, our efforts to create a supportive culture have grown to focus on workplace flexibility: helping our people navigate where, when, and how their work gets done.
- Your performance will be rewarded and recognized, to support you and motivate you to continue achieving your potential.
We make a difference
There is a wide range of opportunities for you to increase your sense of belonging at Ernst & Young.
If you join Ernst & Young, you’ll join an organization that takes community leadership seriously; our support for the United Nations Global Compact and Transparency International are just two examples.
Corporate responsibility at Ernst & Young
At Ernst & Young, corporate responsibility (CR) is integral to our business strategy and our dedication to increasing transparency and accountability in the global marketplace. We’re firmly anchored in the communities where we live and work, and we recognize that we have a responsibility to help those communities grow and flourish. Learn more.
Ernst & Young Alumni
No matter where your career takes you, you’ll find that your time at Ernst & Young has done more than develop your skills and broaden your experience.
You’ll have made connections and friendships that will prove invaluable here, and throughout your career. As an Ernst & Young alumnus, you’ll be offered many opportunities to stay connected with your former Ernst & Young colleagues. From Connect, our alumni magazine, to our Alumni Network Website to our monthly Learning and CPE Connector to dozens of special live events and reunions — we strive to build lifelong relationships with our people. So however your career evolves, you’ll benefit from your time with us. And if you do leave to explore other opportunities, we hope you’ll become one of the many people who rejoin, bringing valuable experience and perspectives that enrich our organization.
In exchange for meeting challenges and bringing your best to every project that comes your way, you deserve to be rewarded for your contribution to Ernst & Young's success.
As an Ernst & Young employee, you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. At Ernst & Young, your total rewards extend beyond competitive salaries and traditional benefits to include a range of policies, programs and benefits that help you to succeed in all aspects of your life. And through Total Rewards Connection, a firm-sponsored website, we provide easy 24/7 access to personalized information on compensation, benefits, time off policies, career development, work environment and other programs.
Base and variable pay
Base pay: Your base salary compensates you for the value you bring to the firm and for meeting our everyday high expectations. We offer base pay that is externally competitive, internally equitable and tied to performance.
Variable pay: Our variable pay program rewards and recognizes you for your contributions that go above and beyond our everyday high expectations.
- Annual performance bonuses selectively recognize individuals for extraordinary achievements sustained over the majority of the year.
- Recognition awards acknowledge exceptional short-term efforts or results by individuals or teams.
Health and welfare
We provide a choice of high-quality health care coverage:
- Flexible Benefits plan for Health and Dental coverage
- Health Care Spending Account (HCSA)
- Contributions deducted from pay
In addition, we offer:
- A choice of two options for Supplementary Medical
- A choice of two options for Dental coverage for preventive care and restoration services
- Fitness Benefits – up to a maximum of $1000 per year for fitness memberships, qualifying activities and equipment
Savings and retirement
- A Defined Contribution pension plan with multiple investment options, employee and firm paid (firm contribution levels based on years of service)
- Defined Benefit pension plan for Executive Directors and Directors at no cost to you
- Group RRSP allows payroll deductions
Income Protection Plans
We provide a range of insurance benefits:
- Group life, and Optional group Life insurance plans
- Business Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Business travel accident insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability income
In addition, we offer:
- Group legal plan: For you to have access to local attorneys who provide a wide range of legal services.
- Bereavement benefit: A lump-sum payment of four months' salary (with a minimum benefit of $50,000 net of taxes) to a surviving spouse or key adult survivor, and survivor financial counseling for a 12-month period. This payment is in addition to any life insurance through the firm.
- Minimum of 15 days of vacation with additional weeks based on level and years of service.
- Statutory holidays, which include additional days off around Canada Day and Labor Day.
- Two or Three (dependant on province of employment) paid personal days annually.
- Unlimited paid time off for casual illness: We do not limit this paid time off to a fixed number of days each year. Instead, we work with individuals to permit a reasonable amount of paid time off for casual illness.
- Extended Vacation Program: This program enables eligible employees to purchase an additional five or ten days of vacation.
Support for working families
The following policies and programs are designed to help our people meet family needs while contributing in the workplace.
- Back-up child and adult care services: Low-cost back-up child and adult care for both anticipated and unexpected needs, either in centers or in-home.
- Family medical leave: Allows individuals with at least one year of service to take unpaid family medical leave for up to 16 weeks (four more than federally required).
- Maternity Leave: Offers one year of leave, with 100% top up for up to 17 weeks, dependent of years of service.
- Parental leave: Two weeks paid time off for the birth or adoption of a child.
- Adoption assistance: Pays adoption related financial assistance from $5,000 to $10,000 per adoption, with paid parental leave available for caregivers.
Additional life management
- Employee discounts: You can shop online for nationally recognized products, services and entertainment at reduced prices.
- EY Assist: The firm’s one-stop resource for solutions to work and home life issues offers confidential consultation and referrals for emotional and family issues, guidance for managing life’s transitions and research and referrals for convenience services and educational and scholarship information.
- Flexible work arrangements: These include telecommuting, reduced schedules, compressed work weeks, in addition to supporting and practicing day-to-day flexibility so that people have what they need to succeed in their careers and their personal lives.
Career and professional development
- Firmwide networks: For people with shared interests and lifestyles to build relationships and foster our inclusive culture.
- Membership in business, civic and professional organizations: Reimbursement is available for annual dues and fees for certain organizations.
- Mobility: We help people achieve their potential by providing diverse experiences that include moving between service lines, industry sectors, functions and assuming international assignments.
- Orientation: We provide a comprehensive introduction to Ernst & Young, but it doesn’t stop there. Learn more about how we help develop our people.
- Professional certification reimbursement: With pre-approval from your Partner/Manager, upon successful completion of a college or university course, you may be eligible for reimbursement of 50% or 100% of the course fee and cost of textbooks up to maximum of $3500 per year.
- Service anniversary awards: We recognize and celebrate those who have a long-term relationship with us by providing them with a gift of their choice for certain milestone anniversaries.