<< Back to Transactions
Our capital advisory professionals work with public sector clients to procure infrastructure-related projects, and help private sector clients to structure and raise financing for deals. While the primary focus is on brand new initiatives, there’s a growing market in buying and selling projects that are already operational. You’ll gain experience working with a variety of clients across a range of assignments, developing valuable skills and knowledge that will support your career.
Click on the questions below to learn more.
What would my day be like in Capital Advisory?
As part of this team, you might:
- Write and deliver presentations to clients
- Advise on the commercial and financial aspects of projects
- Analyze the funding market and develop funding strategies
- Perform risk analyses
- Evaluate options for delivering projects
- Develop financial models
- Develop public sector procurement documentation
- Write information memoranda
- Assist in negotiations with the funding community to obtain the most competitive terms
- Review the performance of bidding companies
- Value a project finance portfolio
- Run an effective process to buy or sell project finance assets
What skills would I acquire in my first few years?
You’ll acquire skills and knowledge, such as:
- Research and analysis techniques
- Financial modeling skills
- How to interpret financial statements
- Commercial understanding of how businesses are valued
- Communication and teamworking skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Industry/sector knowledge
What opportunities would Capital Advisory open up?
- Use your transaction experience and technical skills to lead transaction teams
- Focus on a particular industry and develop your reputation as a key advisor in that sector
- Acquire project management skills
- Work internationally on cross-border transactions
- Work in another one of our offices worldwide
- Take a client secondment to develop commercial skills and deepen the client relationship