<< Back to Transactions
Our mergers and acquisitions professionals work with clients at the beginning of the transaction lifecycle, identifying transaction opportunities and developing implementation plans. They work with a range of clients, including private equity houses, management teams and large corporations. You’ll gain experience of transactions ranging from the disposal of a small family-owned business through to deals hitting the front pages of the broadsheets, giving you the foundation for a successful transaction advisory career.
Click on the questions below to learn more.
What would my day be like in M&A Advisory?
As part of this team, you will:
- Use your research and analytical skills to spot market trends and opportunities and source deals
- Prepare presentation materials to pitch ideas to clients
- Build understanding and communicate the outputs of a variety of business valuation methods
- Research and compile benchmarking data on a range of transactions and company valuations
- Analyze the funding market and assist in developing funding strategies
- Prepare reports and financial analysis during the execution of a deal
- Support clients in important negotiations with other parties
- Run an efficient process for buy-side or sell-side transactions
What skills would I acquire in my first few years?
You’ll acquire skills and knowledge, including:
- Research and analysis techniques
- How to interpret financial statements
- Commercial understanding of how businesses are valued
- Communication and teamworking skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Deep industry/sector knowledge, for example in Pharmaceuticals or Telecommunications
What opportunities would M&A Advisory open up?
- Work closely with the senior management teams as they develop and drive their businesses forward, taking decisions that will shape their industry
- Focus on a particular industry and develop your reputation as a key advisor in that sector
- Work in another one of our offices worldwide
- Use your transaction experience and technical skills to develop your career in this area and lead transaction teams
- Develop the skills to become an advisor in a related sector like corporate restructuring or debt advisory
- Take a client secondment to develop your commercial skills and deepen the client relationship