<< Back to Transactions
Our transaction tax professionals help companies understand the tax implications of their transactions, whether an acquisition, disposal, refinancing, internal restructuring, company integration or initial public offering. This service line looks after clients of all sizes and across all industries, working closely with colleagues around the world, including those from different disciplines. In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, you’ll work on a variety of transactions, from acquisitions of small family-owned businesses to significant, newsworthy deals. Each will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to progress your career.
Click on the questions below to learn more.
What would my day be like in Transaction Tax?
As part of this team, you might:
- Work on a due diligence project, collecting and analyzing relevant financial and tax data
- Help set up a data room for a major transaction
- Review and manage materials in the data room to identify issues that may affect the client
- Assist in preparing a due diligence report
- Assist in reviewing a sales or purchase agreement for a transaction
- Assess and verify a client’s tax attributes and profile
- Assist in implementing complex cross-border acquisition and disposition structures
- Provide advice on the future tax implications of proposed acquisition structures
What skills would I acquire in my first few years?
You’ll acquire skills and knowledge, such as:
- Knowledge of due diligence requirements for major corporate transactions
- Technical tax structuring
- Understanding tax attributes
- Sources of finance your clients can draw upon
- Business and market profiles in your chosen industry
- Research and analysis techniques using dedicated tools and technology
- Creative thinking to apply your knowledge to individual client situations
- Communication and teamworking skills
- How to build and maintain strong relationships with key client personnel
- Project management from start to finish, following appropriate protocols and procedures
- How to operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-profile, challenging environment
What opportunities would Transaction Tax open up?
- Lead an international team supporting a significant client transaction
- Focus your knowledge and skills on a particular industry and develop your reputation in that field
- Develop generalist tax skills based on the broad level of transactions you would work on
- Acquire transaction management skills