Valuation & Business Modelling
<< Back to Transactions
Our business modeling professionals help decision-makers assess and plan the efficient allocation of resources in organizations. Using sophisticated modeling and quantitative analysis techniques, they develop business and financial models for how to structure a business or a new venture. Valuation professionals advise clients on the price or value of their businesses, acquisitions or specific assets. In this team, you’ll gain experience across a range of businesses and sectors, acquiring the skills and knowledge you need to become a successful transaction advisory professional.
Click on the questions below to learn more.
What would my day be like in Valuation & Business Modeling?
As part of this team, you might:
- Assist in pitching for new work
- Develop or review complex financial or business models
- Gather and analyze financial data from the client
- Identify and value the key tangible and/or intangible assets relevant to a specific acquisition
- Research and compile data on comparable companies or transactions
- Analyze industry trends
- Prepare valuation reports
What skills would I acquire in my first few years?
You’ll acquire skills and knowledge, such as:
- Research and analysis
- How to interpret financial statements
- Commercial understanding of how businesses and specific assets are valued
- Teamworking skills
- Business and financial modeling skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Adaptability, through being exposed to a variety of industry sectors and clients
What opportunities would Valuation & Business Modeling open up?
- Lead a client account bringing the right mix of services to the client
- Lead and manage a team on valuation/business modeling projects
- Focus your knowledge and skills on a particular industry and develop your reputation as a key advisor in that field
- Focus on one or more particular subjects and develop your reputation as a key advisor in those areas
- Take a client secondment, to develop your commercial skills and strengthen the client relationship