Automotive transactions services
Our clients turn to Transactions Advisory Services (TAS) for advice and support as they contemplate and execute M&A, joint venture, financing and other transactions. We advise companies throughout the deal lifecycle from transaction strategy and deal origination, to execution and post-transaction integration and monitoring.
Additionally, our global footprint and industry relationships give us access and insight into almost every geography, market and market participant in the automotive industry.
Our service capabilities combined with deep sector expertise make us one of the most comprehensive automotive advisors.
Representative Automotive TAS services include:
- Buy and sell side M&A lead advisory*
- Industry and transaction strategy advisory
- Transaction structuring, financial modeling, etc.
- Debt and equity capital raises*
- Capital structure advisory*
- Financing alternatives analyses*
- Business valuation services
- Fairness opinions**
- Asset valuation services
- Purchase price allocation and impairment analyses
- Financial due diligence services
- Transactional tax services
- Working capital improvement analyses and reviews
- Restructuring advisory (i.e., 13 week cash flow forecasts, distressed suppliers, business plan and forecast reviews)
- Market and industry research
- Human capital assessments and analyses
- Operational transaction services (e.g., synergy analysis, integration strategic assessments, change management, etc.)
- IT operations strategic analysis and reviews
Examples of our work
- Client objective: identify location for additional manufacturing and distribution facilities (India, Brazil, Russia, China)
Our contribution: using innovative methodologies and programming techniques, we rigorously evaluated and ranked various options to advise the client on its market entry strategy
- Client objective: large global vehicle manufacturer sought to grow through acquisition of a major player in the fleet services space (Europe)
Our contribution: providing holistic deal advisory services beginning with pre-transaction due diligence, followed by integration planning and finally a full-scale integration across 10+ countries in Europe
* Broker-dealer services are provided by Ernst & Young Corporate Finance (Canada) Inc.
** Fairness opinions are provided by EY Investment Advisors LLP.
| Don Linsdell |
416 943 3466
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Listen now to our webcast: Revenue recognition considerations for automotive