The working capital performance of global oil and gas companies in 2013 deteriorated from 2012. What’s in store for 2014?
Cash in the barrel 2014
The emergence of Canadian gas divestments
Building Blocks – September 2014
Spotlight on oil and gas megaprojects
East Coast Offshore - July 2014
Oil and Gas Eye Q2 2014
Global oil and gas tax guide 2014
Competing in the global LNG market: Evolving Canada's opportunity into reality
Mexico’s emerging infrastructure opportunity
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
With rising global energy demand, the oil and gas industry has a wide range of challenges and opportunities across the upstream, midstream, downstream and oilfield services sectors. We help oil and gas companies navigate through the changing regulatory environment, manage risks and optimize performance.
To help seize new opportunities, our 9,200 oil and gas professionals provide guidance on key industry issues, such as:
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- US oil and gas reserves study 2014
- Competing in the global LNG market
- Getting ready for UK shale gas
- Shale gas in Europe: revolution or evolution?
- The Norwegian oil field service analysis
- Managing bribery and corruption risks in the oil and gas industry
- Authorized access: uncovering insider threats within oil and gas companies
- Oil and gas cybersecurity: Penetration testing techniques
- Global oil and gas reserves study
- Business pulse: oil and gas
- Global LNG: New pricing ahead?
- Navigating M&A and investment decisions
Players in the capital-intensive oil and gas industry began partnering more vigorously. The past two years have seen a significant ramp-up in oil companies’ planned investments in unconventional oil and gas plays, with a marked increase in joint ventures and acquisitions.
Need to make better and more informed decisions about how to strategically manage capital and implement transactions in a changing world? Let us help.
- Cost reduction and process optimization
Oil and gas companies have seen significant increases in drilling, service, production and operating costs over the past decade. More complex operations generally mean more costly operations.
The most common initiatives for companies were to optimize processes and embed controls. Typically, companies in the oil and gas sector seeking to contain costs will focus heavily on third-party spend, headcount, shared services, IT efficiencies and outsourcing.
- New and emerging market growth
The rise of emerging markets gives the oil and gas industry a new business perspective. Challenges and opportunities exist in a growing economy, evolving government regulations and increasing competition.
Whether you have a tight focus on the BRIC countries or want to see the full range of emerging market growth, we provide a global industry perspective.
- Arctic region
- Middle East
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
- Oil & Gas Alert: US Energy taxation
- Forecasting the US energy landscape
- Grasping the thistle: adding energy to the debate
- FIRPTA investement guide: For foreign investments in certain US oil and gas assets
- Kazakhstan oil and gas tax guide 2014
- New challenges, new directions: Financial accounting advisory services for the oil and gas sector
- UK shale gas