The Canadian oil and gas industry, in particular, is facing profound challenges as it grapples with the persistently depressed oil prices. To better understand how this market is responding to the challenges of the current market environment, EY has conducted a new benchmarking study.
Vendor audit benchmarking survey: Vendor and contract risk
Global oil and gas transactions review 2015
Driving operational performance in oil and gas
Joint ventures for oil and gas megaprojects
Building Blocks – October 2015
Private equity: not afraid of low oil prices
East Coast Offshore - Issue 33, June 2015
2015 Global oil and gas tax guide
Oil & Gas
Fueling your future in a global economy
With rising global energy demand, the oil and gas industry has a wide range of challenges and opportunities across the upstream, midstream, downstream and oilfield services sectors. We help oil and gas companies navigate through the changing regulatory environment, manage risks and optimize performance.
To help seize new opportunities, our 9,200 oil and gas professionals provide guidance on key industry issues, such as:
- Competing and managing risk in oil and gas
While risk continues to dominate the energy landscape, competition is also becoming a dominate feature. We help oil and gas companies understand their business risks and develop plans to manage or capitalize on them.
Our professionals understand business operations and use their knowledge to support clients in defining and developing their strategies and risk mitigation techniques.
- US oil and gas reserves study 2014
- Competing in the global LNG market
- Getting ready for UK shale gas
- Shale gas in Europe: revolution or evolution?
- The Norwegian oil field service analysis
- Managing bribery and corruption risks in the oil and gas industry
- Authorized access: uncovering insider threats within oil and gas companies
- Oil and gas cybersecurity: Penetration testing techniques
- Global oil and gas reserves study
- Business pulse: oil and gas
- Global LNG: New pricing ahead?
- Navigating M&A and investment decisions
Players in the capital-intensive oil and gas industry began partnering more vigorously. The past two years have seen a significant ramp-up in oil companies’ planned investments in unconventional oil and gas plays, with a marked increase in joint ventures and acquisitions.
Need to make better and more informed decisions about how to strategically manage capital and implement transactions in a changing world? Let us help.
- Cost reduction and process optimization
Oil and gas companies have seen significant increases in drilling, service, production and operating costs over the past decade. More complex operations generally mean more costly operations.
The most common initiatives for companies were to optimize processes and embed controls. Typically, companies in the oil and gas sector seeking to contain costs will focus heavily on third-party spend, headcount, shared services, IT efficiencies and outsourcing.
- New and emerging market growth
The rise of emerging markets gives the oil and gas industry a new business perspective. Challenges and opportunities exist in a growing economy, evolving government regulations and increasing competition.
Whether you have a tight focus on the BRIC countries or want to see the full range of emerging market growth, we provide a global industry perspective.
- Arctic region
- Middle East
- Monitoring regulatory changes
The top driver of regulatory risks, as reported by oil and gas companies in our global multi-sector survey, is the sector-specific regulatory pressures. In many countries, regulatory and fiscal frameworks are uncertain.
Our accounting and tax compliance services are focused on helping large, multinational companies meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business.
- Oil & Gas Alert: US Energy taxation
- Forecasting the US energy landscape
- Grasping the thistle: adding energy to the debate
- FIRPTA investement guide: For foreign investments in certain US oil and gas assets
- Kazakhstan oil and gas tax guide 2014
- New challenges, new directions: Financial accounting advisory services for the oil and gas sector
- UK shale gas
| Barry Munro |
Oil & Gas
403 206 5017
| Kent Kaufield |
Energy Market Segment
403 206 5100
Join us as we discuss the oil price outlook, implications of the OPEC meeting announcements and how the industry can remain resilient in this volatile environment.
As boom and bust cycles rattle the oil and gas industry, operational excellence programs can help companies capitalize in a more profitable way.
As lower oil prices continue to put pressure on the energy industry, play-based regulation has the potential to create numerous benefits.