Welcome to our newsroom
Recent Canadian news releases issued by EY:
- 70% of leading media companies ready to sacrifice revenue for long-term digital growth
Toronto, March 6, 2014
Shift to consumer-centric digital models not without challenges.
- Five tax questions to avoid costly implications when operating in the cloud
Toronto, March 5, 2014
- Failing to ask the right tax questions as your company moves into the cloud can cost you, and hurt the bottom line.
- Ready, set, nominate! Entrepreneur Of The Year program kicks off today
Toronto, March 3, 2014
“Canada’s best entrepreneurs thrive when the economy is up and down,” says Colleen McMorrow, EY partner and National Entrepreneur Of The Year program director. “They defy the odds, defy the impossible and defy everyone who told them they couldn’t achieve results.”
- Canadian mining deal volume continues seven-year decline, falling 33% in 2013
Toronto, February 26, 2014
Transactions in the global mining and metals industry — and Canada —continued to decline off the back of a seven-year low in volumes in 2013, reveals EY’s Mergers, acquisitions and capital raising in mining and metals: 2013 trends 2014 outlook report.
- EY calls for bold action to move women into board and executive roles
Toronto, February 24, 2014
Women are making little to no progress in breaking down the barriers to executive leadership or board membership – but that can change, EY says in a new report released today.
- EY sources available to provide federal budget insight
Toronto, 10 February 2014
The federal government continues its mission to balance the budget by 2015. With promises to close remaining tax loopholes and maintain its focus on jobs, growth and long-term prosperity – all while not increasing taxes – what will be the impact on Canadian businesses and taxpayers?
- Inclusiveness drives long-term business success
Toronto, 10 February 2014
Fostering diverse teams is critical to long-term success in today’s fast-evolving, increasingly global world, says EY. Today, the firm — celebrating its 150th anniversary in Canada this year — was named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the seventh year in a row.
- Canadian mining equities down 45% year-over-year according to Q4 Canadian Mining Eye
Toronto, 6 February 2014
Canadian mining equities witnessed a 45% decrease in market capitalization over the course of 2013, according to EY’s Canadian Mining Eye: Q4 2013.
- Interest rate risks, subpar yields challenging Canadian life insurers
Toronto, 5 February 2014
Despite signs of improving market conditions on the global scale, a new EY report suggests – in Canada’s continuing low interest rate environment – life insurers should be focusing on their product offerings to make up for subpar yields, while giving customers what they want and spurring growth.
- Latest Only 41% of companies approach divestments strategically, despite benefits
Toronto, 29 January 2014
Only 41% of executives said that their strategic portfolio review drove their last divestment decision — despite the fact that 80% of companies that based divestment decisions on portfolio reviews experienced a higher valuation multiple in the remaining business, according to EY’s 2014 Global Corporate Divestment Study.
- Latest issue of East Coast Offshore highlights new oil and gas developments
St. John's, 16 January 2014
Severing employment and incorporating is no easy decision, according to the latest issue of EY’s East Coast Offshore. Individuals must consider a number of Canadian Income Tax Act provisions and Canada Revenue Agency administrative positions before making the leap to incorporate.
- Six trends will drive seismic shift in media and entertainment industry in 2014
Toronto, 8 January 2014
Viewer demands for control and new experiences are driving change across the media and entertainment industry, according to a new report by EY. Future of television identifies six key trends that will transform television in the years ahead.