TaxMatters@EY – April 2016
Tax issues affect everyone. To help you get up to speed on the latest hot topics, the April issue of Canada’s TaxMatters@EY is now available. Litigious action can be stressful for any business owner. We offer some practical tips to help you avoid litigation so you can get past the dispute and back to business
This monthly bulletin includes recent tax news highlights, resources and publications.
The April issue also features:
- Deducting legal fees for such legal services as business, employment or matrimonial disputes
- A warning from the US Internal Revenue Service to payroll departments about a new phishing scam that Canadians should be aware of
- An EY Global review of worldwide indirect tax developments and issues
- The Canada Revenue Agency’s new position on denied dividend refunds
- A recent Tax Court of Canada decision on whether a taxpayer’s refundable dividend tax on hand (RDTOH) balance should be reduced for a denied dividend refund in respect of a previous taxation year
You’ll find all this and more in the latest edition of TaxMatters@EY.