TaxMatters@EY - March 2013
Tax issues affect everyone. To help you get up to speed on the latest hot topics, the March issue of Canada’s TaxMatters@EY is now available.
With just the click of a mouse, you can compare the combined federal and provincial 2013 personal income tax bill in each province and territory, and see how it compares to 2012.
This monthly bulletin includes recent tax news highlights, resources and publications.
The March issue also features:
- A recent court decision on whether an owner-manager can be considered an independent contractor for tax purposes
- A reminder from the CRA on interest deductibility
- A new net investment income tax for US citizens and residents that may not be offset by foreign tax credits
- Issues directors should consider before taking a company public
- Leading practices for tax lifecycle management under the general anti-avoidance rule
You’ll find all this and more in the latest edition of TaxMatters@EY.