EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
The finalists are chosen!
33 Entrepreneurs have qualified in 2014. On 10 September 2014 our independent Jury has chosen and announced the following finalists:
- Patrick Burkhalter, Ergon Informatik AG, Zurich, IT, 187 advisors (as of 31 December 2013)
- Alain Borle, Pac Team Group, Le Mont-sur-Lausanne, POS design and construction, 430 employees (as of 31 December 2013)
- Beat and Martin Jucker, Jucker Farm AG, Seegräben, event farm, 150 employees (as of 31 December 2013)
- Helene Niedhart, Cat Aviation AG, Kloten, air transport 55 advisors (as of 31 December 2013)
«Emerging Entrepreneur» category :
- Viktor Calabrò, STAFF FINDER AG, Zurich, recruitment agency, 26 employees (as of: 31 December 2013)
- Tobias Häckermann, Agilentia AG/sherpany AG, IT, 20 employees (as of: 31 December 2013)
«Industrie/High-Tech/Life Sciences» category:
- Beat Guhl, Sky-Frame AG, Frauenfeld, window manufacturing, 112 employees (as of: 31 December 2013)
- Otto Hofstetter, Otto Hofstetter AG, Uznach, injection molding tools, 185 employees (as of: 31 December 2013)
- Thomas Würsch, CP Pumpen AG, Zofingen, batteries, pumps, 60 employees (as of: 31 December 2013)
There will once again be an award in the “Family Business” category in 2014. This award honours family entrepreneurs who have actively run their company for at least three generations. This award will likewise be presented on 24 October 2014.
One of these finalists gets a chance at international fame: he or she will represent Switzerland in the election for World Entrepreneur of the Year™ 2015 which will be held in Monte Carlo.
Candidates who may have missed the application period in 2014 can already reserve a spot for the 2015 competition.
Stay tuned to find out who will win on 24 October!
Uday Kotak named "World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014"
The World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014™ was chosen in Monte Carlo on 7 June. India's Uday Kotak from Kotak Mahindra Bank won the prestigious title.
Learn more about the competition.
Spot on for Swiss entrepreneurship
On 25 October, 350 guests gathered to celebrate EY's Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2013 at an exclusive event in Zurich. This is the 16th time that EY Switzerland has chosen the best entrepreneurs and honored the finalists and winners.
The following persons received the award:
- Kadir Ugur and Deniz Ugur, Bentour Türkei Reisen AG, Zurich, Category «Trade/Services»
- Rolf Sonderegger, Kistler Gruppe, Winterthur, Category «Industry/High-Tech/Life Sciences»
- Jan Schoch, Leonteq Securities AG, Zurich, Financial Services, Category «Emerging Entrepreneur»
- Christoph Tobler, Sefar Holding AG, Category «Family Business»
- Hans Huber, President of Honour, SFS Holding AG, Heerbrugg, «Master Entrepreneur»