Business Tax Services
Our business tax professionals help businesses meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance and planning, and tax policy and controversy. Business Tax consists of different service offerings, including:
- Business Tax Advisory
- Business Tax Compliance
- Tax Accounting & Risk Advisory
You'll have the chance to gain experience across multiple service offerings, with long-term opportunities for focusing in one or more area. You'll also work with clients ranging from entrepreneurs to long-established worldwide organizations, developing a breadth and depth of tax and business skills domestically and on a multinational basis to advance your career.
Our human capital professionals help many of the world's largest companies to mobilize their employees around the world. We have developed a specialized model in integrating our core services and advisory offerings to assist our clients to manage their global workforce and to deliver operational improvements.
Join our global team to become a trusted advisor in one or more of our seven core services:
- Assignment Services
- Global Immigration
- Expatriate Tax Services
- International Social Security
- Global Employment Tax Services
- Remuneration, Benefits and HR
- Payroll Performance Improvement
You can also focus on strategic approaches to human resource operations through our six advisory offerings:
- Accidental Expatriate
- Global Mobility Policy Advisory
- Global Equity
- HR Transaction Advisory
- HR Cost & Risk Advisory
- Compensation Accumulation
One of our key service goals is to work with each client and align our approach to our client’s needs. We believe in close communication and investing the time to develop a strong, long-term relationship.
Our indirect tax professionals work with clients that trade goods or services nationally and internationally. Work with them and you’ll advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or goods & services tax (GST) impact your clients’ supply chain and financial and accounting systems.
You’ll identify and address areas of risk, advise clients on the taxation implications of international trade and assist them in complying with customs regulations. Working in Indirect Tax, you’ll gain wide-ranging experience across different industries and opportunities to work internationally, and receive the support you need to become an effective tax professional.
Our international tax professionals help multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value.
International tax teams support clients’ cross-border transactions, assess their international tax strategies and provide a range of services including transfer pricing policies and tax-effective supply chain management.
As a member of our international tax team, you’ll gain experience on engagements with some of the world’s largest international organizations and have opportunities to work with different tax regimes through international assignments.
Every transaction has tax implications, whether it’s an acquisition, disposal, merger, demerger, joint venture, refinancing, restructuring or stock exchange transaction such as an IPO.
Our transaction tax professionals advise companies and private equity investors on all tax aspects of their transactions across a wide range of industries and geographies. They help clients negotiate every stage of a deal from inception and initial due diligence, to tax-efficient transaction structuring right through to assistance with the sale and purchase agreement.
Your role will entail helping clients benefit from the potential tax opportunities present in transactions as well as identifying and reducing inherent tax risk. You’ll work alongside restructuring colleagues to advise companies in financial difficulties, including those in formal insolvency proceedings, on sales of non-core businesses to restore their balance sheets.
As a member of this globally integrated team, you’ll develop the tax and transaction skills and knowledge you need to progress your career in a dynamic and highly commercial environment.
Careers in Legal
EY Law is a nationally and internationally leading player in all relevant fields of business law. This includes a particular (but not exclusive) focus on fields such as corporate law, mergers & acquisitions, contract law, turnarounds and bankruptcy, information technology, financial market regulations, labour and social insurance law.
We are committed to providing high quality services to meet the clients’ business objectives. As a professional at EY Law, you will have national and international development opportunities both within and outside your specialist field. You will be also able to develop your skills and legal career through special programs and trainings.
Our offices are located in Basel, Bern, Geneva and Zurich. Moreover, we belong to an international network of more than 800 law professionals in more than 20 countries all over the world. Our Swiss and international clients benefit from local and cross-border support.
Our IP/IT team advises on many complex local and cross-borderl IP/IT matters. We support commercial and industrial clients in communications, IT, media, consumer products, healthcare and financial services sectors.
Our practice covers:
- drafting and negotiating contracts in all range of IP/IT matters
- service Level Agreements - national and international Data Outsourcing; hardware, software and other license agreements
- external Data Protection Compliance Audits and Training to ensure data privacy and data retention
- advising in the field of Cloud Computing, Social Media, intangible rights, in particular trademarks, copyright
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our experienced mergers and acquisitions lawyers offer professional and efficient advice on all issues relating to mergers and acquisitions.
Our clients include numerous multinational groups and national companies of all sizes from various sectors.
Being part of the EY Group, it goes without saying that we adopt an interdisciplinary approach. We work closely with specialists from Corporate Finance, Tax Advisory, Transaction Services and Audit. This allows clients to obtain financial, fiscal and legal due diligence reports from under one roof.
Our main advisory services in the field of mergers and acquisitions are:
| || |
Helping vendors prepare due diligence procedures/carrying out due diligence checks for purchasers or vendor due diligence.
| || |
Negotiating and preparing all contracts, such as confidentiality declarations, letters of intent, memoranda of understanding, share and asset purchase contracts, shareholder agreements.
| || |
Carrying out merger control procedures in Switzerland and abroad (in co-operation with correspondence lawyers).
| || |
Providing legal opinions, especially on transactions with listed companies.
| || |
Preparing prospectus for IPO’s, public take-over, negotiation and preparing transaction and other agreements.
In our corporate and commercial law team, we advise our mainly international and global clients with respect to all corporate legal questions.
Our service offering includes all corporate legal instruments over the whole lifecycle of a company in Switzerland, starting with its set-up all over Switzerland by way of an incorporation or a migration to Switzerland and ending with its liquidation or migration out Switzerland.
Apart from the provision of all types of corporate services, these offerings include the advising on corporate governance related questions as well as the preparation and the review of all types of commercial agreements.
Based on our close cooperation with our EY audit and tax specialists, we assist our clients in restructurings and reorganizations. Often, these services do not only consist of a variety of corporate legal measures, but also include the possibility to coordinate the whole project on behalf of the client.
Banking/Insurance & Finance - FSO
EY has a dedicated practice for serving the Financial Services industry, including Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance and Asset Management.
Our team in Zurich and Geneva offers our clients high-quality professional advice on legal, regulatory and compliance issues, nationally as well as cross-border.
As part of the EY financial services organization, we are well aware of the regulatory and private law issues and implementation problems which the financial services organizations are facing. We are familiar with interdisciplinary issues. We team up with specialists from other disciplines and develop holistic solutions.
Our main services include:
- set-up / Relocation / Reorganization / Restructuring and Liquidation of a financial services organizations
- corporate Governance aspects
- compliance organization, concept and topics, such as directive review, client files review, training, risk assessment, expert opinion on specific issues
- special investigations in legal and regulatory matters
- regulatory audits
- issues related to proper conduct of business operations, banking secrecy, administrative assistance
- contracts and transactions
Our lawyers - experienced in processing large and complex estate and bankruptcy proceedings - offer wide-ranging services in all stages of the proceedings. We offer advice to both companies in crisis and creditors whose claims are at stake as a result of an insolvency of their debtor.
Thanks to our network we can rely on professionals in more than 130 countries in international cases.
Within the scope of debt collection and bankruptcy law our practice covers:
- bankruptcy proceedings (auxiliary of the bankruptcy office and private bankruptcy administration):
- debt moratorium procedure (administrator and liquidator)
- debt enforcement procedure (auxiliary of the debt enforcement office)
- liquidations and procedures under special law
- other services, such as representing creditors and enforcing their claims in ongoing debt enforcement, bankruptcy and debt moratorium procedures; applying for an order freezing debtor's assets, where necessary; representing creditors or groups of creditors on creditors' committees
- providing advice on restructuring (comprehensive expertise)
- preventative review (uncovering risks)
Service in the field of labor law
- drawing up/adjusting employment contracts for employees, managerial staff and executive board members
- advisory contracts
- expatriate contracts, secondment agreements
- obtaining work and residence permits
- providing advice on terminating employment contracts, including drawing up leaving agreements and references
- employee share option models, bonus and incentive plans
- providing advice on business transfers/restructurings; employee consultations
- support in organizing mass redundancies/preparing the consultation process/social plan
- due diligence under employment law in the event of a merger or acquisition
- functioning as an external ombudsman in the event of sexual harassment and mobbing
- drafting employee handbooks (manuals and policies)
Advise on special issues
- early retirement
- pregnancy and birth
- severance pay
- restraint of competition
- bonus models
- employee inventions
- social security and pension plan