Transaction Advisory Services
Valuation & Business Modeling
The need for transparent and robust valuations and fairness opinions to support corporate transactions and to meet regulatory and accounting requirements has increased. But justifying the value of assets and liabilities has grown more complex and critical for most businesses.
Our experienced professionals bring excellence in finance, accounting, taxation, and financial due diligence to provide you with valuation advice for a multitude of purposes.
Regular business valuations
- Transactional / strategic business valuations
- Fairness opinions
- Second opinions
- Tax valuations
- Value management
- Strategic decision support
- Valuation support, e.g. in arbitration proceedings or WACC calculations
- „Public“ fairness opinions
- Valuations according to Art. 40 para. 4 FINMA-SESTO
- Valuations in relation with contributions in kind
- Valuations for the purpose of a foundation report
Accounting driven valuation services
- Purchase price allocations according to IFRS 3 and US GAAP ASC 805
- Impairment testing (value in use and fair value less costs of disposal) according to IAS 36 and US GAAP ASC 350
- Share based payment schemes and option valuation according to IFRS 2 and US GAAP ASC 718
- Valuation of intangible assets
- Valuation of financial instruments according to IAS 39 / IFRS 9 / IFRS 13 and US GAAP ASC 820
Broadly said, we define "business modeling" as the process of forecasting financial data of a company or a project using cause-and-effect relationships among operational, investment and financial variables. Financial models are usually created in Excel (or Access) and are generally based on non-financial information (i.e. value and cost drivers, exogenous factors), which is then processed to deliver prospective financial information such as integrated financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements), key performance indicators (KPIs) or yes/no/maybe-decisions as outputs to support managerial decision-making in case of uncertainty.
Building an effective business model/financial model, whether it is to evaluate a transaction, a new market opportunity or for other strategic purposes, is a complex and difficult task.
Our business modeling professionals can help you carry out the model review, model support and model-build activities you need to make key decisions and improve your strategic outcomes.
Our modeling services
Our financial modeling services are structured into:
- Model build & decision support (build a financial model according to your specifications)
- Model review (technical review of an existing model and issue an EY review opinion)
- Modeling training (in-house training courses for financial modeling)
Our recent models
Our solutions not only support and augment strategic planning and decision making, but also mitigate the risks in the use and reliance on financial models. Over the last couple of years, we developed financial models in the following areas:
- Strategic planning and forecasting
- Liquidity and cash flow planning
- Financing (debt & equity)
- Transaction modeling, M&A and carve out
- Pricing and cost/benefit analysis
- Net working capital planning
- Standardized PPA models and impairment test models
To find out more, please contact one of our specialists:
Valuation & Business Modeling
+41 58 286 21 31
+41 58 286 42 91
+41 58 286 36 60
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Our events keep you up to date on the latest trends in the fields of M&A and corporate finance.
Presentation of our financial modeling group
EY offers a broad range of services in financial modeling to best support you in meeting your modeling challenges. Read our latest brochure to learn more about EY's business and financial modeling group in Switzerland.