EY Strategic Growth Forum™ session highlight
Navigating Global Markets: challenges and opportunities
Organizations in China and across the world are increasingly moving beyond borders to cultivate markets overseas, pursuing growth through exports, partnerships, acquisitions or by developing local presence. While there are numerous opportunities associated with overseas investment, these are often coupled with challenges.
This panel looked closely at these challenges and offered some great insights. While there’s no secret recipe for success, there are some actions Chinese companies can take to ensure they are on track:
- Be patient - make long-term business plans
- Have a clearly defined overseas M&A strategy
- Don't assume what will work in China will work overseas
- Understand the future development of their transaction targets
- Identify risks early on and assemble the right team to look at the market through a fresh set of eyes.
These insights are from a panel moderated by Loletta Chow, Global Leader, China Overseas Investment Network, EY.
The panelists were He Zhenwei, Deputy Secretary General, China Overseas Development Association; Francisco Sanchez, Chairman, CNS Global Consulting; Patrick Zhong; Senior Managing Director, Fosun Group; Freeman Hui Shen, Board Member & Group Vice President; Geely Holding Group; Wang Fanglu, Senior Managing Director of CITIC Capital and Chief Investment Officer of CITIC Kazyna Investment Fund I, CITIC Capital.