- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- Human Capital
- Personal Taxes
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy and Controversy
- Transaction Tax
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
- VAT, GST and Other Sales Taxes
Hong Kong Tax Alert (2013)
Hong Kong Tax Alert is produced as a client service by EY. It is intended to serve as a guide only to alert readers to emerging issues and issues of topical interest. Readers should consult with their client service executives for advice concerning their specific circumstances.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 23 December 2013
This alert discusses the proposals made by the Financial Services Development Council to exempt non-resident private equity funds in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Tax Alert: financial services | Hong Kong Tax Alert: other industries
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 10 December 2013
Procedures for obtaining and submitting a certificate of Hong Kong tax residence
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 28 November 2013
This alert discusses tax rules required for court-free amalgamation of companies under the new Companies Ordinance.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 22 November 2013
This alert discusses the taxation of share awards and certain sums received upon termination of services.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 14 November 2013
Court of Final Appeal upheld in Nice Cheer case that unrealized gains arising from the revaluation of unsold listed securities are non-taxable.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 31 October 2013
Latest views of the Inland Revenue Department may impact your tax position.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 10 October 2013
Deductibility of payments for sub-contracted research and development
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 29 August 2013
What qualifies as rent refund eligible for the preferential tax treatment?
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 19 July 2013
New law enacted to level the tax playing field for Islamic bonds
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 12 July 2013
New law enacted to enable Hong Kong to enter into standalone tax information exchange agreements with other jurisdictions.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 7 June 2013
Interpretation of relevant law and practice and the presentation of evidence are key to tax dispute.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 30 May 2013
The Commissioner of CIR successfully invoked the general anti-avoidance provisions to assess to tax profits claimed as offshore by two foreign incorporated companies.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 24 May 2013
Hong Kong has recently signed a comprehensive avoidance of double taxation agreement with Qatar.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 6 May 2013
Hong Kong has recently signed a comprehensive avoidance of double taxation agreement with Guernsey.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 23 April 2013
Legislative bill introduced to enable Hong Kong to enter into standalone tax information exchange agreements with other jurisdictions.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert : 2 April 2013
2012/13 profits tax filing season has commenced.
- Hong Kong 2013-14 Budget
The Financial Secretary, Mr John Tsang, delivered the 2013-14 budget speech at the Legislative Council on 27 February 2012. Our Budget Insights and Tax Facts summarize the key proposals contained in the budget and our views thereof.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 8 February 2013
Court of Appeal upheld in Braitrim case that moulds provided to contract manufacturers are not eligible for a 100% immediate write-off.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 29 January 2013
Hong Kong has signed a comprehensive double tax agreement with Italy. This alert summarizes the salient points of the provisions as applicable to Hong Kong residents.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 24 January 2013
This alert discusses the topic on leveling the playing field for Islamic bonds.
- Hong Kong Tax Alert: 2 January 2013
Court of Appeal upheld the lower court’s decision that a lump-sum contractual payment of approximately US$450 million was a non-taxable capital sum.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Hong Kong Tax Alert archive
To obtain a copy of any past issues of the Hong Kong Tax Alerts, please contact us.