Corporate Governance Board Services Leader
Daniela Mattheus has been Executive Director at EY since July 2012 and is head of Corporate Governance Board Services in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. In this role, she advises management and supervisory boards and is responsible for the EY Governance Matters information and networking platform.
Daniela Mattheus studied law at Marburg and Heidelberg universities and passed her second state law examination at Zweibrücken higher regional court. For many years, she was an academic assistant at the Institute of German and European Company and Business Law under Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Peter Hommelhoff. Prior to joining EY, she held a leading advisory function relating to this topic at another Big4 audit firm for several years.
Alongside her work at EY, she is assistant lecturer at Free University, Berlin, tutor for various Executive Education Programs and author of numerous publications.
Daniela Mattheus specializes in commercial and corporate law issues and has excellent advisory expertise in the fields of:
- (non-)executive coaching
- support in evaluation of board operations
- nomination, structures and (information transfer) processes at supervisory and management board level
- effectiveness monitoring of governance structures by the supervisory board or audit committee
- external corporate governance reporting
- avoidance of board liability and handling of compliance findings
- design, introduction and optimization of compliance management systems