MENA Entrepreneur Of The Year
What is EY Entrepreneur Of The Year?
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. This unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential. It recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
As the first and only truly global award of its kind, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in 60 countries.
In MENA, two national programs will take place one in Jordan and the other Kingdom Saudi Arabia (KSA). The Entrepreneur Of The Year winners will go on to represent their countries at the World Entrepreneur Of The Year awards this June in Monte Carlo.
Benefits of entering
- Opportunity to join an unparalleled local, national and global network of entrepreneurs
- The opportunity to compete nationally and globally
- The events and activities associated with the program offer insights to support your business in achieving its full potential
- You can join an elite alumni, which gives you access to technical workshops, thought leadership and the opportunity to meet valuable contacts including potential customers, investors, partners and acquisition targets and buyers.
- Significant potential profile raising through regional and national media coverage
What it takes to win
Independent high profile entrepreneurs and business people, who understand the challenges you and your team face, will act as judges. You will have a chance to showcase your skills, our judges will deliberate on whether you have what it takes to succeed.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: high standards, risk taking, overcoming obstacles and perseverance
- Innovation: pioneering new approaches, ability to adapt, research and development
- Strategic direction: developing a vision, goals for future growth, measuring progress
- Leading and building teams: employing the best teams, company culture, leadership qualities
- Financial performance: managing cash flow, long-term sustainability, re-investment of profit
- National or global impact: impact on the business world in terms of revenue, operations and influence
- Individual and/or corporate social responsibility: values and involvement in the wider community