FATCA's reach will be wide and deep in its impact on the operations — even the business models — of financial institutions. We offer insight into the latest guidance by the IRS and experienced viewpoints on how to prioritize, plan and prepare for FATCA compliance.
- Asset managers preparing for FATCA
For asset managers, FATCA is not simply a compliance exercise; it's one in a string of reporting requirements that are reshaping the industry at its core.
- FATCA proposed regulations: what should asset managers do now?
Read about the issues affecting the asset management industry arising from the proposed regulations and the intergovernmental agreement, and steps asset managers need to take to analyze and implement these rules.
- Impact of FATCA on the insurance industry
Read what the proposed regulations mean for life and general insurers, what concessions have been granted, and what insurers need to do to be FATCA-compliant.
- Impact of FATCA regulations on global insurers
Read how the proposed FATCA regulations provide guidance to global insurers for their products and their customers.
- FATCA regulations: impact on asset management
Read about the impact of the proposed FATCA regulations on the asset management industry.
- How does FATCA impact life insurers?
Our latest FATCA – European life insurance newsletter summarizes key messages from proposed regulations and suggests areas where insurance businesses may need to take action now.
- FATCA: impact on life insurers
Read a summary of the key FATCA topics, questions and concerns facing the life insurance industry.
- FATCA and insurance: the saga begins
On its face, FACTA would not seem to affect the global insurance industry. But FATCA's information gathering, reporting, and withholding requirements are applicable to the insurance industry.
- Redesigning operations for the new regulatory era
Regulatory mandates, from FATCA to Dodd-Frank, are requiring a strategic approach to improving risk management, performance and investor relations. Are you prepared?
- FATCA’s impact on the banking industry
New provisions call for foreign financial institutions to make substantial changes to information reporting and tax withholding. We offer insight on how to prepare.
- Asset managers should act now to address FATCA
Our recent article in the Journal of International Taxation provides insights into FATCA's impact on the asset management industry. (Article published prior to publication of Notice 2011-53)
- FATCA impact on alternative investment funds: new guidance and implementation
FATCA will have far-reaching effects on US and foreign alternative investment funds. We explain the recent guidance and offer four key planning recommendations.