Global insurance outlooks 2013
We expanded our insurance outlook for 2013 with new reports covering Latin America and the Nordic region. We also offer perspectives for the Asia-Pacific, Canada life, Canada property-casualty, Europe and US life-annuity and property-casualty markets.
Our global view lets us identify common issues shared by all these markets, including an uncertain economic environment, low interest rates and numerous proposed regulations. Here are a few highlights of our findings:
- Significant top-line growth opportunities exist in the Asia-Pacific region due to geographic diversity and a developing customer base.
- As Europe shows signs of financial resilience, firms are identifying growth prospects while managing risks to capital and investments.
- Growth prospects are highest in the emerging markets of Latin America, particularly Brazil and Chile.
- Like Europe, the Nordic region appears resilient and offers significant growth opportunities.
- US insurers continue to rethink their strategies in the face of demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory pressures.