Dynamics: bridging the gap
While much progress has been made, huge disparities and inequalities continue to haunt too many countries, regions and peoples.
In our June 2014 edition of Dynamics, our magazine for the international development community, we consider some of these themes:
- The Swedish approach to development – Sweden may be one of the world’s largest donors but its Minister for International Development Cooperation Hillevi Engström is not resting on any laurels.
- Supporting small businesses in emerging markets – Our Enterprise Growth Service deploys some of our best people to support small business owners and social entrepreneurs as they strive to grow their businesses.
- Working toward a better world – EY’s Rohan Malik spends much of his time working with policy-makers across developing countries. He tells us about lessons learned and ambitions still to be met.
- Brazil and Africa: the southern link – Increasingly close links between Brazil and Africa tell a story of mutual economic growth and potential. Three Brazilian leaders tell us about why their focus — and future — is African.
- Destination India: inspiring investors – India remains an economy on the up and one replete with huge potential, says EY’s Rajiv Memani.