Plug in: April 2012
Plug in offers our views and perspectives on issues and trends in the Power and Utilities sector and their impact on strategies, business models and operations of P&Us, and addresses market-specific challenges within a global context.
In April's issue:
- Market monitor
A global overview of the sector's latest news, trends and insights.
- Deals: what to watch in 2012
Looking back on 2011's transaction trends, what do you need to do to successfully ride the markets in 2012?
- India: cracking down on international tax avoidance
For businesses interested in India, the tax system can prove a trap for the unwary. The tax office was recently dealt a blow by the Supreme Court's decision on Vodafone, with implications for all involved in transfer pricing.
- Power: the "sunshine sector" of Indian infrastructure
The power sector is a top priority for the Indian Government, but insufficient generation capacity, coal shortages, a lack of access to long-term financing and continuing transmission and distribution losses remain challenges.
- Nein danke: opportunities from Germany's "no" to nuclear power
How is Germany's decision to renounce nuclear power affecting the power sector, and what opportunities does it create?
- Charging electric cars: the dress rehearsal is over
Electric vehicles are here, but what about the charging infrastructure? We explore the value chain, business strategies and differences across the US, Germany and China.
- Rating the attractiveness of renewable energy markets
Our country attractiveness indices are an essential guide to what's happening in the renewables sector in 40 key countries. Will 2011's record investment hold in 2012?
- New hedge accounting standards may reduce earnings volatility
The new IAS 39 should more closely reflect Power and Utilities companies' risk management activities. We look at the most significant implications.
Industry news and events:
- Asset impairment webcast: time to reassess the value of your assets
- Brazilian webcasts: local advice key to reaping rewards in Brazil
- Oil & Gas hot topic update: shale gas may face new legislative requirements
- Ayasha Ali
Global Power & Utilities Center Marketing
+44 (0) 20 795 16069