Driving profit from the emerging market consumer
This webcast was held twice in 24hrs. If you attended the live event, you can download CPE from the watch on-demand button above. If you attended the replay, click here to download CPE.
The consumer products center of gravity has shifted.
The fragility of mature markets and increasing scale of emerging market operations means performance in emerging markets is now critical to both the top and bottom line. Companies cannot just invest to grow - they must also be profitable.
However, while emerging markets offer huge potential growth, making that growth profitable is becoming more challenging. Volatile markets, diverse and changing consumer expectations, intense competition, the complexity of doing business in these regions and rising inflation in key input costs, all have the potential to erode profits.
To overcome these challenges, companies must:
- Be flexible but efficient
- Embed local autonomy within the benefits of global scale
- Seek out short-term gains while investing in long-term opportunities
Join our panel of EY professionals and leading C-suite executives from the consumer products sector for an interactive discussion on how to profit, rather than lose, in emerging markets. They will share views on how to:
- Balance conflicting strategic choices to drive sustainable, profitable growth in emerging markets
- Develop the right organizational capabilities to manage a portfolio of multiple business models
- Support quick decision making to take advantage of market changes
- Effectively leverage both global and third-party capabilities
- Understand the barriers to change and overcome them