Edit Osikovicz named Young Tax Professional of the Year 2012
Boston, 3 October 2012 – Edit Ágnes Osikovicz, Hungary, who has completed a Master's degree in law at Eötvös Loránd University, has been named EY's Young Tax Professional of the Year 2012 at an awards ceremony held in Boston. Edit was picked from among 20 country finalists, each of whom had already been named the Young Tax Professional of the Year in their home country.
Second and third prizes respectively were awarded to:
- Olga Tene, Romania, (Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Management information systems, currently doing a Master in Accounting Expertise and Business Evaluation at West University of Timisoara, Faculty of Economic and Business Administration)
- Bianca Fourie, South Africa, (Bachelor's degree in Business Science at University of Cape Town, with Honours in Finance and Accounting)
Stephan Kuhn, EMEIA Tax Leader at EY comments: "The Young Tax Professional of the Year Program is about finding the tax leaders of tomorrow. Created to recognize and develop outstanding young talent, this competition gives participants the chance to share experiences with people from a range of backgrounds and cultures. But most importantly, it is an opportunity to make long-lasting connections with some of the sharpest minds in the Tax world as well as leading figures from global organizations, learning from them along the way and understanding what the challenges are for the profession. It's a unique opportunity for today's brightest talents to get their career off to a remarkable start."
“The competition has been one of the most valuable experiences in my life, and not just from a professional perspective,” said Edit. “I learnt a tremendous amount in four days about the tax profession and I am thrilled to win this award.”
The three award-winners were presented with the following prizes:
- First prize: a 30-day “round-the-world” business trip built around 10-day working visits to key EY Area Tax Centers in London, Washington DC and Hong Kong
- Second prize: a 10-day visit to one of EY's Area Tax Centers
- Third prize: an invitation to participate in an EY international client conference, at which the winner will have the opportunity to meet our leaders and key clients
Find out more about the Young Tax Professional of the Year Award 2012 by visiting us at:
Notes to editors
The judging panel is comprised of a distinguished group from EY's tax practice and influential members of the tax community from government, academia and corporations:
- Bernard Bacci, Tax Vice-President, Vivendi Group
- Jeroen Davidson, EY Partner, The Netherlands
- Steven Glenn, Tax Director, Warburg Pincus
- Barbara Kessler, Tax Director, Novartis
- Carolyn Libretti, EY Partner, Brazil
- Jean-Pierre Lieb, French tax authorities
- Pasquale Pistone, Professor in International Tax, Vienna University
- Peggy Richardson, former Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 167,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.