Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS)Clean technologies and CCaSS-focused services
Ernst & Young's clean technology and CCaSS-focused services incorporate sustainable actions into your business. Our clean technology service identifies how your business can align with climate change and sustainability opportunities. We look across your business to understand what will work for you from carbon credits, green IT, to green real estate transactions.
- Cleantech services
Our cleantech services provide audit, tax and transaction advisory solutions to clients. We enable clients to prepare for IPOs by providing valuation and business modelling as well as due diligence (commercial and financial), project finance, strategy assessment and implementation and regulatory and policy advice.
- Emissions trading advisory
- Identify risks and opportunities arising from existing or new emission trading schemes
- Financial modelling impacts of different emission trading policy scenarios
- Carbon market services
- Verifying the quality of carbon data for decision making
- Establishing an internal benchmark for carbon pricing
- Quantifying possible impacts on asset values
- Creating new carbon asset classes
- Improving the use of climate change related grants and incentives
- Checking the carbon assumptions in models and decisions
- Clean development mechanism and joint implementation projects
- Help organizations with their clean development mechanism projects through a range of services across the clean development mechanism project cycle.
- International tax structuring for clean development mechanism projects and associated cash flows.
- 'Green' building and real estate advisory
- Includes assisting in the identification of LEED strategies; the LEED documentation and application process; as well as advising on how to optimize return on investment through the use of energy efficient tax grants, incentives and credits
- Assisting in the claiming of credits associated with energy efficient buildings
- Identify and analyze improved assets (eg, buildings, manufacturing plants), structural and non-structural elements and capital improvements, calculate respective bases, and determine appropriate recovery periods for tax depreciation purposes
- 'Green' IT services
- Identifying and supporting management's efforts to reduce the impact of IT on an organization's GHG emissions
- Helping organizations identify, develop and manage the use of IT systems to support entity-wide low-carbon transformation.
- Advise clients to identify risks within a packaged ERP environment related to the system's processes, configurations, and security to determine whether effective application or IT-dependent manual controls are in place to mitigate identified risks
- Provide assurance over reliability of an organization's IT systems and processes for capturing GHG data
- Smart metering advisory services
For more information about clean technologies and CCaSS-focused services, please see CCaSS contact list.