The Global Withholding Tax Reporter
About the Product: The Global Withholding Tax Reporter (GWTR) is your single source, web-based tool on portfolio income withholding tax rates and rules in 96 markets of investment from 206 markets of investor. The product includes detailed technical information regarding withholding tax rates, treaties, procedures and forms/instructions for:
- Portfolio dividends
- Portfolio interest
- Capital gains
- Mutual fund distributions
- REIT distributions
- Transactional taxes
- Alternative investment strategies (i.e., futures, forwards, swaps, repos, short sales and ABS).*
*Currently provided with an upgraded subscription.
The GWTR helps you to stay current on withholding and custody tax developments worldwide by providing not only the new tax rate but also perspective about what this change means for your business.
Tax Alerts: Tax Alerts are published daily informing you of important changes on withholding related requirements including tax rates, double taxation agreements, procedures and forms.
Why Ernst & Young LLP? Ernst & Young LLP is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 212,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. In addition to in-depth backup and support, GWTR gives you access to the Ernst & Young network in more than 150 countries. Questions can be resolved by phone or email with full consulting services available for more complex issues.
What sets the GWTR Apart? The GWTR’s content, functionality and support are what make it the market leader in delivering global withholding tax information to the financial services industry. Features include:
- Tax alerts that keep you up to date on withholding tax related market changes
- Detailed investor type analyses (i.e., how specific types of investors, including pensions, partnerships and trusts are taxed in their local jurisdictions and whether they are are treaty eligible)
- Current and historical information on domestic law rates, treaty rates and procedures.
- Access to robust withholding procedures in respect of reclaims, relief at source and domestic law exceptions
- A committed and experienced group of global tax professionals that review and update their respective country chapters regularly
- Answers to questions within the scope of the GWTR at no extra charge
- Tailored subscription plans to meet your specific needs Searchable archives help you do your tax research quickly, easily and thoroughly.