Managing indirect tax data in the digital age
The indirect tax management framework:
aligning operations, compliance and strategy
The increased focus on indirect tax from both internal and external stakeholders makes it more important than ever to manage these taxes proactively, within the parameters of an indirect tax management framework. This framework rests on the recognition that there are three aspects of indirect taxes to manage: operational, compliance and strategic.
It is common for each of these aspects to be isolated and considered in a vacuum. But the effective collection, processing and analysis of indirect tax data can bring them all together:
- Through effective harvesting and analysis of indirect tax data, management can bridge the gap between operations, compliance and strategy by gaining visibility, control and insight
- Managing indirect tax data is – and will continue to be – the key to aligning indirect taxes to the strategic goals of the business
How we can help
We can help you uncover opportunities for improving your management of indirect taxes in line with your business drivers – whether you want to gain visibility and control, boost the bottom line, defend your position or support strategic growth. We can:
- Analyze data from single or multiple sources to identify and remediate errors and weaknesses in historic flings and declarations and in your on-going reporting
- Assess the effectiveness of your indirect tax processes and controls
- Identify cost savings and improvements to working capital
- Map the possible impact of future changes on your indirect tax position, cash flow and costs
- Develop EI tools suited to your individual business needs
Our network of dedicated indirect tax professionals combines technical knowledge with industry experience and regional and cultural understanding. With access to technologically advanced tools and methodologies, we identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle, helping you to meet your compliance obligations and business goals around the world.
We provide you with effective processes to help improve day-to-day reporting, reduce errors and costs, and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions. Our globally integrated teams give you the perspective and support you need to manage indirect taxes effectively.
It’s how we make a difference.
Indirect tax management framework
Indirect tax end-to-end process