EY Capital Confidence Barometer April 2014 - October 2014
Capital Confidence Barometer - Sector reports
See below for insights into how executives view corporate deal-making in the year ahead.
- Automotive: A renewed focus on optimizing capital and other trends have led the automotive sector to a great rebalancing. Read more in our annual report.
- CFO Capital Confidence Barometer: Increased deal values, rather than volumes, will likely make headlines in the coming year. After a prolonged financial crisis and M&A market malaise, companies and boards are opting for quality rather than quantity.
- Consumer Products: Confidence in the global economy is growing, but the activities of consumer products companies are shadowed by uncertainty. How are they responding?
- Financial Services: Learning to thrive in a low-growth environment, financial services companies are taking a pragmatic view, balancing risk and returns.
- Media and Entertainment: Buoyed by confidence in key financial indicators and credit availability, M&E companies are forging ahead with their strategic plans. See what’s driving the industry forward.
- Mining and Metals: While productivity and cost reduction continue to be the key focus areas for the mining and metals sector, we are gradually seeing confidence return.
- Oil & Gas: Renewed optimism with more access to capital means confidence is increasing – but there are risks. Learn why the oil and gas market is moving cautiously.
- Power & Utilities: Increased economic optimism and credit availability will spur deal activity in power and utilities. What’s on utilities' growth agenda?
- Private Equity: Expectations for fund-raising and acquisitions are improving, but challenges remain, including clearing a backlog of exits from recent years.
- Real Estate: Despite slow momentum, confidence in fundamentals remains high, fueling optimism about future deal making in the real estate, hospitality and construction sectors. Our annual report explores.
- Technology: Our Capital Confidence Barometer registers strong positive sentiments on the global economy, corporate earnings, credit availability, deal valuations and other key indicators. Learn more.