Your life at EY
When you work at EY, you'll be rewarded in all kinds of different ways:
- You'll work with diverse people. Our people come from all over the world and have a huge range of different backgrounds. They'll encourage you to see things from different perspectives and show you alternative ways to approach problems.
- You'll feel included. When you speak, you'll be listened to. Of course, in return you'll listen to and consider the opinions of others as well. It's all part of examining the options as part of a team before deciding how to proceed.
- You'll receive plenty of support and tangible rewards. We're here to make sure you get the right experiences, support and coaching to excel in your chosen career. And we'll make sure you're properly rewarded and recognised.
You can explore these areas in more detail using the tabs at the top of this page.
You need training, coaching and new experiences to develop your career. Find out how we deliver this.
Part of something
When you join us, you'll make a difference to our clients, organisation – and all the people you work with.
EY isn't just a business. Learn about all the other ways you can make a difference here.
We'll reward your contribution and performance fairly. Read about the range of benefits you'll receive.
Making sure everyone’s involved
Visit any of our offices and you’ll see that we include people from the widest variety of backgrounds. In fact, we believe our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. It’ll encourage you to think in global terms, show you how to look at things in different ways – and will give you the chance to build relationships with people from all over the world.
Equal opportunities at EY
You can only understand a client’s business when you understand their people. That’s one of the reasons we recruit, form and reward the best teams we can, with people from every walk of life.
Every person at EY is part of making this a reality. And that’s why we have networks to promote the success of our people – regardless of sex, background, age or sexual orientation.
These networks include:
- EY Black network
- EY Disability working group
- EY Far East network
- EY Gay, lesbian & bisexual network (EYGLES)
- EY International network
- EY Parents' network
- EY South Asian network
- EY Women's network
The easiest way to find out more about these networks or speak to their members is to look them up on Facebook. Just search Facebook groups [link to Facebook Groups] for the network’s name.
Monitoring our progress
Voted one of Ireland’s 100 Leading Graduate Employers
Hear Aijan, Audit Senior, talk about working with people from India, China and Australia.
Hear Mike, Managing Partner, talk about how people and diversity.
Go as far as you can
You can aim to simply get on in life. Or you can aspire to go as far as you possibly can. At EY, we want you to use your strengths to do great things. That’s why we go all out to provide the experiences, training and coaching you need to excel – in whichever area you take your career.
Of course, we can’t do it all for you. But if you’re working somewhere that keeps you interested and happy, it’s easier to achieve your full potential. And that helps us to achieve ours.
Learn more about your development at EY.
Hear Peter, Assistant Executive, talk about his career progression and achieving potential.
In the middle of things
Ready for a challenge? Here at EY, we expect you to be. You’ll join forces with people from different places to solve business challenges – and you’ll make a genuine difference to our clients and communities.
In fact, you’ll find there are many ways to get involved in what we do – and just as many to get involved with things that mean something to you. For instance:
- Communities: meet likeminded people (as well as people from different backgrounds) through groups, networks and communities. From the corporate responsibility work we do to our own EY Alumni community, you can choose whatever feels right for you.
- Conversations: good communication makes us successful. When you talk, we’ll listen – to your suggestions, ideas, feedback and more. We want everyone at EY to feel they can say what’s on their mind.
- Choices: you’ll do best and be happiest when you can make decisions for yourself. It doesn’t matter whether it’s choosing how to solve a problem for a client, deciding your career path or simply working out what to have for lunch. It’s in your hands.
- Celebrations: as working for EY isn’t usually the normal nine-to-five, we think it’s really important to find appropriate ways to recognise, celebrate and reward everyone’s achievements. What you do won’t go unnoticed.
Give something back’ isn’t just a cliché
Looking for more than the usual ‘giving something back to the community’ spiel? At EY, our corporate responsibility programme gives you plenty of chances to throw yourself into activities and projects that benefit local and wider communities – we’ll give you time and space to volunteer in areas that you choose.
Then there’s our alumni network, helping you stay in touch with your peers at EY and giving you valuable networking opportunities – even if you decide to leave us to chase challenges elsewhere.
More about our communities:
Your rewards and recognition
Your EY package is designed to recognise and reward your performance, to keep you motivated and to give you the support you need to explore and use your strengths at work.
As you’d expect, you’ll get a competitive salary. You’ll also receive a range of benefits which you can choose and tailor through our flexible benefits scheme. But don’t just focus on the tangible things – remember all the training and development you’ll receive, and the happiness you’ll get from working in the way that suits you best.
Here’s a summary of our benefits. We review these regularly, and you’ll learn exactly what applies to your role during the hiring process.
- 31 days leave a year
22 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays
- Health insurance
10% discount on private health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
Available at a number of gyms close to the office
- Exam prizes
Awards of up to €2,500 for placements in professional/institute exams up to 10th place, and awards for passing FAE exams on the 1st sitting
- Professional subscriptions
Reimbursement of annual professional body subscriptions
- Two volunteer days a year
To work at a charity of your choice
- Values Awards Initiative
An initiative to recognise and reward people and teams that have done the most to bring our values to life
A free eye test each year and refunds against the cost of glasses
A Defined Contribution pension scheme and Life Assurance cover
- Lifestyle website
Discounted goods and services from high street retailers and restaurants
- On-site dry cleaning
Twice weekly in-house dry cleaning service
- Cycle to work scheme
Take advantage of our tax-free scheme for purchasing a bike
- Tax-efficient travel pass
Tax-free travel passes arranged through the firm
- Subsidised staff restaurant
From fruit smoothies and salads to bacon rolls