- About Our Global Tax Services
- Country Tax Advisory
- Cross Border Tax Advisory
- Global Trade
- Global Compliance and Reporting
- Human Capital
- Private Client Services
- Tax Accounting
- Tax Performance Advisory
- Tax Policy and Controversy
- Transaction Tax
- VAT, GST and Other Sales Taxes
- Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness
VAT, GST and other sales taxes
As part of EY Tax Services, the Indirect Tax Services team advises on all aspects of VAT, customs and other indirect taxes. The team of tax advisors is led by partners, Breen Cassidy and Jarlath O'Keefe, who are regularly cited by the financial media as leaders in their field. Indeed, since 1996, readers of International Tax Review have consistently voted the EY Indirect Tax group as the 'Number One Indirect Tax Practice in Ireland'.
The belief that each client is unique and thus requires a distinct approach is central to the team's work. Understanding a client's business, researching the finest details and utilising the EY knowledge databases of Irish and global precedents enables the team to match a client's issues with the best available solutions. The ability to consistently seek out and source new ways to help businesses organise their affairs in a VAT efficient manner.
EY Indirect Tax Services help clients:
- Save money with advice on optimum VAT and customs structures.
- Save time by fulfilling a client's VAT obligations.
- Free up cash by minimising irrecoverable VAT and recovering VAT from foreign transactions.
- Help avoid surprises by proactively drawing attention to wider issues that may affect a business.
- At meetings with the Revenue and to deal with inquiries.
- Help clients access experienced specialists for complex transactions or projects (e.g. co-ordinating cross-border projects in international trade, advice on VAT implications of cross-border supplies of goods and services).
- Engage in litigation.
To find out more about the services we offer we offer in this area please contact us.
Our IPT services include advisory and compliance assistance to help with IPT reporting and other IPT requirements.
Guiding business through the Irish tax landscape
Read all our news and analysis of Budget 2015.
Comments on OECD Discussion Draft on preventing the granting of treaty benefits in inappropriate circumstances
The OECD’s work on the Model Tax Convention and the related Commentary has been critically important to the ongoing expansion of the global network of bilateral tax treaties. Read the full commentary.
The Discussion Drafts set forth ambitious proposals for domestic law and treaty provisions with respect to the tax treatment of specified hybrid transactions and arrangements. Read the full commentary 519K, July 2014.
For more information about our Tax Services in Ireland, please contact us.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Tax news continues to be dominated by new developments surrounding the 15-step BEPS Action Plan. Access OECD materials and EY coverage.