Transaction Advisory Services
Valuation & Business Modelling
We believe quality business valuations are not achieved through calculation alone, but by using our experience, insight and judgement to provide tailored, meaningful valuation advice.
Our Valuation & Business Modelling services marry local Irish expertise with our global firm’s resources and our Advisory, Tax and Assurance specialists to provide valuations and modelling expertise and decision support across an extensive range of industries and sectors. Our Valuation & Business Modelling services include:
We provide commercial valuations guidance to companies, partnerships and individuals regarding:
- Mergers, acquisitions, disposals
- Majority and minority shareholding sale/purchase
- Determination and assessment of joint-venture contributions
- Support for equity/debt raising
- Fairness opinions and Section 593 opinions (UK).
Many business and individual commercial decisions carry a potential tax related impact. Our Valuation & Business Modelling and Tax teams can provide effective taxation planning. Our recent experience includes:
- Reorganisation of corporates both in Ireland and internationally
- Corporate and personal taxation planning
- Leading negotiations with Revenue and HMRC.
Intellectual Property is often a key valuation driver for Irish businesses. We can help you understand your IP’s value, and have extensive experience in the following:
- Trademarks and brands
- Customer relationships and customer lists
- Patents and licenses.
Business Valuation is often central to disputes between parties. We recognise that robust, tailored advice is essential to help you effectively convey your position and resolve issues. We have successfully provided advice in the following areas:
- Matrimonial valuation
- Valuations for Court and tribunals
- Expert witness valuation
- Expert determination under Articles of Association
We advise on technical, regulatory and financial reporting matters, providing valuations and guidance by Accounting Standards and Regulators. Examples include:
- The Companies Act
- The Takeover Act
- Articles of Association
- Purchase price allocation
- Complex financial instruments and Derivatives such as Options, Forwards, Futures and CFDs
- Impairment review of tangible and intangible assets
- Valuation of share options.
We recognise that strongly designed, well executed business models are crucial tools that enable you to mitigate risk and maximise opportunities through timely and informed decisions. Our recent experience includes:
- Cost management
- Performance reporting
- Feasibility studies
- Strategy and scenario simulation
- Budgeting and rolling forecasts
- Capital Structuring and Working Capital forecasts
- Resource management
- Loan portfolio review and provision analysis
- Econometrics and Quantitative Analysis.
Our team helps you gain greater assurance in the models you rely upon to make business decisions. Our service independently assesses and provides reports on:
- Logical integrity
- Assumption consistency
- Model design and ease of use
- Sensitivity analysis of key metrics.
Our team works closely with you to understand your key issues and provide bespoke models to simply convey the financial impact of complex strategic decisions.
| Simon MacAllister |
Valuations and Business Modelling
+353 21 480 5763
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Large companies are better at managing working capital than small- and medium-size enterprises. Learn why in our latest issue of Capital Agenda Insights.
Financial Times and mergermarket M&A Awards Winner 2013