EY Entrepreneur Of The Year
Entrepreneurs make a difference. Not only do they create big ideas, but they can turn them into a reality. With hard work and innovative thinking, they can create positive social change, introduce new products and concepts into the market, and create new job opportunities and prosperity.
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year international program is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. This unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. The program has been running for over 20 years worldwide, in more than 145 cities and in more than 60 countries. Former winners from around the world include Cirque du Soleil, LinkedIn, Dell and Starbucks.
The country winners vie for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year title in Monaco.
In 2014, we launched the Israeli program for the ninth time. Announced on 29 October 2014 at the Hilton Tel-Aviv Hotel, the winner for 2014-15 is Benny Landa, Chairman and CEO of Landa Corporation.
Visionary inventor and holder of 800 patents worldwide, Benny Landa is “the father of digital commercial printing.” Twenty-one years ago, his company, Indigo, unveiled the world's first digital color printing press and changed the course of printing history. Acquired in 2002 by Hewlett-Packard, Indigo continues to lead the market. Today, Landa’s companies are at the forefront of “nanotechnology for mainstream” — from nanographic printing presses to nano-based energy conversion and nano-drug delivery.
Each year, the winning entrepreneur is chosen by an external judging committee. Members of this year's judging committee were:
Chairman: Yair Seroussi, Chairman, Bank Hapoalim
- Dr. Orna Berry, CEO, EMC Israel
- Yuval Cohen, CEO, Fortissimo
- Shlomo Dovrat, Founder and General Partner, Carmel Ventures
- Dr. Shimon Eckhouse, Founder and Chairman of the Board, Syneron
- Dr. Avi Hasson, Chief Scientist, Ministry of Finance
- Maya Liquornik, Founding Partner, Meitar Liquornik Geva Leshem Tal
- Dov Moran, CEO, Comigo
- Haim Shani, Partner, Israel Growth Partners
- Eyal Waldman, President and CEO, Mellanox Technologies
Past winners from Israel
- 2002-03 — Yoram Elroy, Chairman, SHL Telemedicine
- 2003-04 — Dov Moran, CEO, M-Systems Flash Disk Pioneers
- 2004-05 — Ilan Atias and Yigal Rotem, President and CEO, Powerdsine
- 2005-06 — Dr. Shimon Eckhouse, Founder and Chairman of the Board, Syneron
- 2007-08 — Yehuda and Dita Bronicki, Chairman and CEO, Ormat
- 2010-11 — Gil Shwed, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Check Point
- 2011-12 — Shai Agassi, Founder and CEO, Better Place
- 2012-13 — Eyal Waldman, President and CEO, Mellanox Technologies