Making a difference in a changing world
Toon Masti: Making learning Joyful
Toon Masti: Making learning Joyful
Animated multimedia content for Classes 1 to 5
With the focus now shifting to quality and joyful learning, Toon Masti forms a part of the solution; it leverages the power of cartoons and audio-visual aids to make learning joyful.
Toon Masti covers Maths and EVS (Environmental Studies) as well as Hindi and English languages for the nursery level. The content is in line with the syllabi prescribed by the NCERT in its text books and the principles laid down by the National Curriculum Framework 2005 for Classes I to V. It is available in English and Hindi versions. Since both PC and TV/DVD compatible formats of Toon Masti are available, it can be run on either computers or TV sets.
This animated educational content has been developed as a low-cost model to enhance enrollment, attendance and greater comprehension of subjects in schools. It is meant for deployment only in government schools or in institutions where education is imparted either free of charge or at highly subsidized rates (less than Rs. 1200/- per annum).
*Toon Masti is a licensed software and its use and dissemination requires permission from the EY Foundation.
You, too, can play a part in the implementation of this program and make a difference. If you know of any schools/organizations that can benefit from Toon Masti do let us know by filling the request form
- It has been developed as a low-cost model to enhance enrollment, attendance and greater comprehension of subjects in schools
- Leverages a child's inherent love for stories and cartoons - narratives unfold through characters like Cheenu, Meenu, Buzz the Bee, Foota the ruler, Daadi ma, Tothu the Parrot etc.
- Animated content combines education with entertainment (important learning concepts are taught through stories that children can relate to)
- It is based on the NCERT prescribed syllabi and mapped to concepts that need to be taught to children from classes I to V
- Reinforcement of key learning concepts is achieved through games at the end of each module - this also makes the content interactive for the children and helps the teacher assess comprehension
- It serves as an excellent teaching aid and is extremely simple to use
- Teacher's find it useful to explain difficult/abstract concepts to young children
- It is available in both computer and TV/DVD compatible versions; in remote areas, while the maintenance and use of computers can be a big challenge, a TV set can work very well and also lower the cost of installation per school. The computer version however allows for a greater degree of interactivity, benchmarking and measurement.
- Requires minimal training; comprehensive, chapter-wise notes explain to teacher's about aspects of concepts in each chapter and guides them in effectively using the content.
For detailed information on Toon Masti, visit www.toonmasti.com. You can also follow us on Facebook
Toon Magic was developed post the tremendous success achieved from our prior project called CALtoonZ. The EY Foundation has worked closely with the Delhi Government’s Department of Education and helped them launch their Computer Aided Learning Pilot Project (CALtoonZ) in about 200 government schools, reaching out to over 55,000 children. The EY Foundation funded the capex for this project. Subsequent to the success of this pilot project, the Delhi government implemented the program in an additional 700 government schools, with the potential to benefit approximately 2.5 lakh children in class VI and 1 lakh children in Class X.
Corporate responsibility and making a difference:
EY India's programs have impacted lives of many children and continues to do so. Click here for an overview of the impact of the programs.