In today's environment Government undertakings need to strengthen their capabilities through reforms,restructuring and technical assistance.
We at EY have extensive experience in working in the Government space such as Central Government, State Government, Local Bodies, Public Utilities including projects funded by International Financial Institutions such as World Bank, Department for International Development (UK), etc. Our strength lies in our ability to provide insights to clients by having access to global subject matter resources and benchmarks through EY Global Government & Public Sector Network as well as global methodology's and tools for each of the module requirement of the project. Our P&O team has developed significant capabilities, experience and understanding of local issues specific to the Government & Public Sector.
Some of our core service offerings in the Government & Public Sector include:
a. Institutional Strengthening
Building institutional capacity is vital for Government agencies to achieve their objective of driving reforms in public services & utility and enhancing organizational efficiency. This is further supported by clarifying accountability and aligning performance measures with the job objectives.
EY’s systematic approach towards Institutional Strengthening includes organization design that leads to strengthening of institutional capacity. We leverage SME and global best practices to deliver high-impact institutional strengthening projects.
Key components of our Organization Design service offering are:
- As-is process & accountability mapping
- Benchmarking of Global leading practices
- Develop structural options based on design principles
- Role profiling
- Grade structure through EY’s Role Evaluation framework
- Manpower planning through FTE analysis
- HR Structure
- Performance Management System
- Implementation Support – Bid Process Management
b. Capacity Building & Skill Development
Capacity Building & Skill Development is the key to government reform agenda. This raises the effectiveness of reform implementation by focusing upon people aspects and act as a key change management tool.
EY’s technical HR expertise on skill assessment and development coupled with a consultative approach enables government bodies to realize their reform initiatives to their full potential.
Key components of our Capacity Building & Skill Development service offering are:
- Assessment of existing training design and delivery mechanisms
- Skill inventory design based on skill-gap analysis
- Training plan design including training programs, stakeholders to be covered, timelines, etc
- Training programs identification
- Program Management support for delivering training programs
- Support in roll-out of structured interventions for potential assessment and development of employees
c. Change Management
In today’s business environment, efforts to improve performance, whilst necessary for survival, can be a challenging endeavor. Managing people issues such as managing stakeholders, communication, transitions and retaining talent are of concerns of Government bodies during major change. In our experience, Government enterprises need Change Management support to deliver performance improvement results in any transformation/reform initiative.
EY offers a leading approach to Change Management, which is aligned to deliver results, is holistic and strategic in nature.
Key components of our Change Management service offering are:
- Engage and manage stakeholders through effective communication and rigorous monitoring
- People transition through focused learning and development
- Organization alignment through cultural and process related interventions
d. HR Lifecycle
A strategic human resource function plays a pivotal role in enabling Government agencies in achieving organizational imperatives through its alignment with overall objective. Strategy-driven HR means having a structure and service delivery model which increases the effectiveness of HR function and improves the employee’s experience.
EY supports Government organizations in creating a strategic business case for HR.
Key components of our HR Lifecycle service offering are:
i. HR policy and manual addressing end-to-end HR lifecycle issues relating to personnel including
- Induction plan, Induction guidelines and induction handbook
- Terms of employment
- Code of conduct
- Benefit structure
- Performance management system and standardized performance management processes and tools for specific goal-setting and metrics that continuously measure efficiency and effectiveness
- Reward & recognition program
- Employee career paths and progression
- Postings, transfers and succession planning
- Grievance handling
e. Performance Management
A robust performance management system supported by an all-encompassing reward strategy enables organizations to deploy and execute their plans as well as manage employee’s performance.
EY’s Performance Management method focuses on creating an objective and transparent system, which is able to drive organization’s objectives and contribute towards higher employee engagement.
Key components of our Performance Management service offering are:
- Performance management system
- Organization scorecard & performance metrics
- Rewards strategy