The ultimate goal of the E-Government is to be able to offer an increased portfolio of public services to citizens in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Governments across the world have adopted various strategies for e- Governance. There is an increased focus on getting as many services on line as possible. The Government of India has launched the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) with the intent to support the growth of e-governance within the country. The Plan envisages creation of right environments to implement G2G,G2B ,G2E and G2C services.
We help organizations implement e-governance through a three-step process:
- Defining vision, mission and objectives of e-governance
- Developing e-governance strategy which describes how the vision will be translated into reality taking into account all key objectives, target groups and services
- Preparing a detailed e-governance blueprint, depicting the requirements and outcome of the strategic planning processes
At Ernst & Young, we offer the following e-governance services:
Re-engineering starts with the understanding that People, Technology and Process are the key elements of operations and service delivery that can benefit the citizens and employees.
Our approach to re-engineering is based on our experience of working closely with the Government of India and public sector clients. We assist them in the following ways:
- Improving operations and delivering services that are in line with stakeholder expectations
- Visualizing and carrying out re-engineering initiatives
- Evaluating recommendations from perspectives of functional domain, IT, stakeholder expectations, financial and social costs, and process risks
It is important for an organization to have a robust, scalable and secure architecture, which can withstand present and foreseeable needs and support the growth of an organization. We offer technical architecture development services for our clients.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Conceptualizing the architecture
- Undertaking market study of the latest technology available
- Interacting with leaders in the industry
- Sourcing relevant secondary research
- Briefing clients on the specifications of the architecture
We have considerable experience of providing similar services to various government agencies.
At Ernst & Young, we understand the limits within which a government organization has to work. Day-to-day work load hinders the comprehensive process of selecting assets, services and service providers. This is where our sourcing assistance comes in.
We provide the following sourcing services:
- Evaluating multiple sourcing models
- Detailing procurement strategy
- Developing tender terms and conditions
- Evaluating criteria for transparent evaluation of bidders
- Providing commercial estimates of tenders
- Assisting in bid management
- Evaluating the bids and assistance in contract signing
We have the expertise in working with several government departments for the entire life-cycle of sourcing and procurement. Our vendor-neutral approach enhances our efficiency.
We work with client teams through all stages of program implementation, from conceptualization, designing, architecting, sourcing, reviewing vendors' works and deliverables, and assisting them in performing their share of the responsibilities.
This is how we help you in program implementation:
- We review vendor deliverables for adequacy; managing user acceptance tests; assisting in resolution of any technical issues; planning for pilot and full roll-out; and monitoring vendor performance against set service levels.
- We review training content and oversee training programs conducted by the vendor for the department.
- After the successful implementation and roll-out of the initiatives, we assist in evaluating the project outcome against stated and envisaged goals.
Program implementation services by our team of professionals increases user confidence and helps ensure alignment of the implementation with the client's objectives.