Back to Industry news
- Star India’s CEO, Uday Shankar, has been appointed the Chairman of FICCI's Media & Entertainment Committee. Shankar will be supported by Ramesh Sippy and Karan Johar as the Co-Chair of the Committee. Multi Screen Media’s CEO, Man Jit Singh, has been appointed the Chairman of the Broadcast Forum.1
- Siti Cable has appointed Kancharan Upendra Rao as its CEO. Rao was earlier the CEO of Diligent Media Corporation Limited (DCML), the company that publishes the English daily DNA.2
- Rajesh Jejurikar has resigned from his position of President, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL). All of Zee’s verticals and department heads will now report to Punit Goenka, MD and CEO, ZEEL.3
- Amit Chopra has resigned from his position of CEO of Hindustan Media Ventures Limited. He had joined the organization in January 2010.4
- Joji George has been appointed the MD of UBM India and will take over from Sanjeev Khaira. George was previously the CEO of Percept Sports and Entertainment and was spearheading its event business.5
- Sugato Banerji has been appointed the COO of What's-On-India, which provides program guides to digital TV operators. He was earlier CMO of Airtel DTH and Media.6
1“Uday Shankar new Chairman of FICCI's M&E Committee,” Indiantelevision, 17 December 2012, via Factiva.
2“Siti Cable gets KU Rao as CEO to drive digital biz,” Indiantelevision, 4 December 2012, via Factiva.
3“Rajesh Jejurikar quits Zee,” afaqs!, 14 December 2012, via Factiva.
4“Hindustan Media Ventures CEO Amit Chopra quits,” exchange4media, 12 December 2012, via Factiva.
5“Joji George appointed MD of UBM India,” exchange4media, 30 November 2012, via Factiva.
6“What's-On-India appoints new COO; plans for international expansion,” afaqs!, 5 December 2012, via Factiva.