Advisory for Financial Services
Financial Services: Bringing the broader perspective
The financial services industry deserves an integrated approach to managing its uncertainties and opportunities.
Our reputation is built on assembling multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Financial Services Risk Management
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Our team helps clients promote a culture of accountability across levels, reinforces the effectiveness of risk oversight, improve the communication of risk information, and integrate risk management processes across risk categories and asset classes.
Quantitative Advisory Services
Our QAS team is skilled in quantitative knowledge, skills, proprietary and other models and risk technology. This can help chief risk officers (CROs), risk managers, heads of product control, trading desk managers, front and middle-office personnel and internal auditors to better measure their financial risks and improve their risk management strategies. Our quantitative analysts regularly share the most up to date intellectual capital on sophisticated financial models and mathematically advanced business and product structures.
- Risk modeling and stress testing
- Model review and improvement
- Valuation support
- Valuation policy review
- Transaction process and control review and support
- Hedge effectiveness measurement and assessment
- Employee share option pricing
- Risk system assessment and enhancements
We assist clients with issues arising from prudential regulation across all sectors of the financial services industry. The team offers practical solutions based on firsthand experience of reporting issues and dealing with the regulators.
Our services include:
Risk Technology and Infrastructure Services
We help our clients design, buy and implement technology solutions to support their enterprise-wide risk and regulatory compliance functions. Our offerings range from structured definition of adequate management of information requirements, to the design of an effective information architecture, as well as systems selection advice and implementation of third party software solution components.
- Risk architecture design
- Advice on data governance (maturity assessment and industry wide best practices)
- Data profiling and analytics - risk sensitivities and scenario modeling
- Requirements definition for management information and reporting (market, credit and operational risk; capital requirements; compliance reporting)
- Functional and technical specification
- Vendor market analysis
- Systems selection and implementation support
- Managing the implementation of complex risk & regulatory technology programs
With radical changes in the insurance market, insurance companies must identify and assess new options for value creation while continuing to manage risks and meet emerging regulatory requirements.
Our dedicated actuarial and risk professionals, in close co-ordination with related practices across EY provides truly integrated services across all disciplines in the insurance industry.
Our aim is to bring to you highest standards of independent actuarial advice to best suit your needs. Our expertise envelops and enables success at every stage of your company’s life-cycle. Our experience means we can customize our approach towards your evolving needs, your current scale and industry situation.
Our areas of focus include the following services:
Advisory Partner and Leader - Financial Services
+91 22 6192 0470
- Metrics Matter – How Internal Audit can help organizations
- Social Media Marketing: India Trends Study 2014
- How is digital disruption transforming businesses?
- Changing industrial relations in the VUCA world
- EY-NHRDN B-School Research
- Effectiveness of executive coaching in India
- Talent trends in India, 2015
- Digitalization: the next “big thing” for India’s SME’s
- Enterprise IT trends 2014: the CIO perspective
This issue focuses on diversification in different emerging markets and the impact of technology on various sectors.
How has social media marketing evolved in India in 2014? We surveyed some of India’s leading digital and social media savvy brands.
Innovative thinking, opinions and insights on trending business issues.