Supply chain management
Businesses are increasingly focusing on strengthening supply chains to create competitive advantage. Improvements are becoming increasingly difficult with supply chains becoming global in nature. Key issues in this area include increasing customer expectations, working capital constraints, need to optimize/reduce safety stocks and overall sustainability of the supply chain. Business mergers also create a strong case for integration and rationalization of supply chains.
How EY can help
We offer our expertise in the following areas:
- Supply Chain Network Design: Designing the optimal Supply Chain Distribution Network with a view to minimize Transportation Cost, Inventory Carrying Cost, Tax Implication, Cost of maintaining a facility etc. while ensuring a desired service level. Supply Network Design driven by the GST norms.
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP): Collaborative Sales and Operations Planning considering Rough Cut Capacity and Budgetary constraints and other key input /raw material constraints.
- Replenishment Planning: Replenishment Planning considering manufacturing capacity, Inventory Norms, manufacturing and transportation lead time, multiple Transportation modes, Transportation Routes, Deployment rules etc.
- Demand forecasting: Collaborative Planning; Statistical Tools for forecast generation; ability to forecast at an aggregate level and subsequently disaggregate based on user defined rules.
- Business analytics: Segmentation/ Cluster Analysis, Product Pricing (Price Elasticity of Demand, Determining the effective price frontier etc), Trade Promotion Effectiveness.
Solutions in the area of supply chain require a combination of business domain expertise along with technology skills. Our key differentiator is our expertise in the area of supply chain management combined with understanding of issues such as Green Supply Chain, Customs/Taxation, Spend analysis and various Transaction Advisory offerings.