India Tax Webcast series
At EY, we regularly conduct the audio and video webcasts on most topical issues, updating you on the changing tax and regulatory norms, their possible implications on your business and opportunities to be leveraged.
Watch this space for upcoming webcasts
Social security in India - Recent updates
Audio Webcast | Duration: 90 minutes
29 April 2014 at 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (IST)
Log in to the 90 mins. webcast session, where Sonu Iyer, Partner and National Leader - Human Capital Global Mobility, EY will discuss on the recent updates of Social Security in India.
The Indian social security authorities have increased their focus on compliance and the same is evident through the various circulars issued by them in last few weeks. These circulars primarily relates to:
- Requiring Provident Fund offices to co-ordinate with the regional immigration offices (Foreigners’ Regional Registration Office) to obtain details of foreign nationals in their respective regions
- Change in certificate of coverage application form
- New online tool for issue of certificates of coverage
- Clarifications on ‘monthly pay’ for social security contributions
- Notices for late payment interest and penalties
Click here to register for the webcast session
Partner and National Leader - Human Capital Global Mobility
Sonu has 19 years of experience in the area of Human Capital-Global Mobility, specializes in Tax and regulatory aspects of Employee Mobility including Social Security Regulation, Immigration Planning, Exchange Control, formulation of Global Mobility policies for Inbound and Outbound assignees, Tax Equalization Policies, Tax Planning and Compliance, Employee Deployment Structures and related framework of International Tax, Home & Host Country Tax.
She has a extensive experience on International Assignment Policy Advisory, design and review of employment contracts, advisory regarding Indian social security especially related to International workers and implications of obtaining certificate of coverage in India.