Real Estate Advisory Services
Land values have always been a significant driveｒ of corporate value in Japan. It is, therefore, critical that in any deal, real estate strategy is a central component of the decision-making and pricing process.
In addition, adopting of fair value-based accounting standards and heightened concerns for ecology have highlighted various financial and environmental risks real estate may possess, such as impairment loss and land contamination and other environmental issues, which cannot be overlooked.
Our dedicated Transaction Real Estate team is comprised of professionals focusing on real estate, finance and accounting, which go beyond traditional real estate appraisals. Including cross-border advice, market study, due diligence and valuation, M&A and capital market support such as capital raising and debt placement associated with reorganizing/restructuring initiatives for real estate investment and development companies, formulation of real estate strategy and execution support, monitoring of real estate development projects, as well as hospitality services (hotels, golf courses and elderly/healthcare facilities).
Cross-border real estate transactions involving a portfolio of properties located in multiple countries are increasing, in line with the rapid pace of business globalization. Through a close network of Transaction Real Estate professionals around the globe, we provide consistent quality professional services independent of where the real estate and our clients are located.
Our services include:
- Support with adaptation of new-accounting standards involving real estate, such as accounting for investment properties.
- Real estate valuation/appraisal [including valuation for purchase price allocation (PPA) purpose in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS]
- Support with divestiture of non-core assets, and capital raising and debt placement for real estate investment and development companies
- Pre-M&A/acquisition due diligence
- Development of real estate strategy and execution support in post M&A
- Review of third-party prepared real estate appraisal and cash-flow projections
- Hospitality advisory services, including hotels, golf courses and elderly/healthcare facilities
- Strategic support for real estate held by semi-public sector entities / public enterprises
- Various advisory and valuation services for real estate located overseas