EY at a glance
Global headquarters: London
Global Chairman and CEO: Mark Weinberger. Meet our leaders.
Number of people globally: 175,000 (as of 30 June 2013). Read about our commitment to our people.
Global revenues: US$25.8 billion (Financial Year '13, ending 30 June 2013). Read our Global review.
Geographic Areas: Americas; Europe, Middle East, India and Africa; Far East; Japan; Oceania.
Offices: 700+ in more than 150 countries. See our office locator.
Service lines: Assurance and Advisory Business Services, Tax, Transaction Advisory Services. Read more about our Services.
Founded: 1989 through the merger of Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. Oldest component from 1849. Learn more about our history.
Brief facts about our practice in the CIS
- With the opening of our Moscow office in 1989, we were the first professional services firm to establish operations in the Commonwealth of Independent States. Our practice has a large corporate network of 19 offices in eight CIS countries, staffed by 4,500 specialists.
- We provide multidisciplinary and specialized services to more than 2,000 clients.
- We now audit 38% of CIS companies listed in the Forbes Global 2000 (2012)
- Since 1996, EY has acted as auditor on IPO transactions, with a total of $34.8 billion raised in these offerings.
- EY was appointed auditor on 10 of the 18 FTSE 350 cross-border IPOs since 2000.
- EY is the leader on the London Stock Exchange in terms of the number of IPOs from the CIS, providing audit services to 30% of London-listed companies.
- Our firm has a truly local professional team: more than 86% of partners in our CIS practice and 80% of our Executive Board are citizens of CIS countries.
- We are also a truly international team: professionals from Great Britain, Canada, Germany, Japan, France, Australia, Switzerland, the USA, the Netherlands and other countries work in our CIS offices.
- We are committed to serving not only our clients, but also the communities in which we operate. This is underlined by our involvement in the Foreign Investment Advisory Councils (FIAC) in Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Belarus.
- We have acted as a strategic partner to prepare key Russian forums, including the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum and APEC CEO Summit 2012. We have supported key organizations including the Agency for Strategic Initiatives, Moscow International Financial Center, School of Management SKOLKOVO, the Russian Direct Investment Fund and Open Government.