Frequently asked questions
- What is the nomination deadline?
- All completed nomination packages must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 30 May 2014.
- Who can be nominated?
- The nominee must be a Malaysian resident who is either:
- An owner-manager primarily responsible for the recent performance of a privately held company that is at least two years old;
- A founder of a listed company who is still active in top management and who still retains a significant stake in the company
- Who can submit a nomination?
- Anyone. Whether you are a family member, an employee, a friend or a business associate, if you know successful entrepreneurs, we urge you to nominate them.
Self-nominations are also encouraged. After all, no one knows the dimensions of an entrepreneur’s success better than the entrepreneur himself / herself.
- May I use any other language besides English to complete the form?
- Only forms completed in English will be considered.
- How many award categories are there?
- In Malaysia we recognise the following categories:
This award salutes the entrepreneur whose business exemplifies the start-up process at its best, with savvy positioning in the market place and solid infrastructure to manage growth and financial performance, and shows promise of future sustainability.
This award pays tribute to exemplary business building by an entrepreneur within the technology-related industries. The individual must be the driver primarily responsible for the longer-term growth of the business, and has been a heavy user and promoter of technology and multimedia products and services.
This award recognizes and honors the accomplishments of outstanding women entrepreneurs for building and leading successful businesses and for making vital contributions to the economy of Malaysia. These women shape and redefine the workplace, the business networks and influence how the business community and the media perceive and respond to women entrepreneurs.
This award salutes the entrepreneur who has made a sustained contribution to the success of one or more businesses over an extended period. Like a master who knows his craft, the individual must have garnered the ability to maintain management excellence over a sustained period of time, and has continued to generate original, imaginative or innovative business ideas.
Final determination of the number of categories and awards to be presented will be decided by the judging panel based on the quantity and quality of the completed nomination forms received by the deadline. If shortlisted by the panel of judges, video materials will be requested from each nominee.
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014™ Malaysia
The Malaysian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014 will be selected from amongst the recipients of the category awards. He/She personifies the type of entrepreneur who is most deserving or representing Malaysia at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award 2015 alongside the best entrepreneurs from the rest of the world.
- Which category do I select if more than one applies to me?
- Select the category in which you are most suited and would like to be considered.
- Are nomination applications confidential?
- Yes. All applications are completely confidential.
The documents will be reviewed by the Entrepreneur Of The Year® organisers and will be evaluated by an independent panel of judges. Information about a nominee’s company will not be made public without the nominee’s consent.
- Who are the judges?
- The independent panel of judges comprises entrepreneurs, past EY Entrepreneur Of The Year award recipients, and leading figures from the business community.
- What are some of the qualities the judges look out for?
- The independent panel of judges consider a number of criteria including:
- Nominee’s motivation and demonstrated leadership
- The company’s “story”, with consideration of industry obstacles that had to be overcome
- Unique or innovative characteristics of the company
- Financial performance and company growth
- Socially responsible initiatives that demonstrate “giving back” to the community
- Why participate?
- Compete for the title of Malaysian Entrepreneur Of The Year and World Entrepreneur Of The Year, the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs
- Opportunity to network with like-minded entrepreneurs from around the world
- Enhance your business profile in Malaysia and internationally
- Reflect, discuss and celebrate your entrepreneurial achievements
- Generate local and national media coverage
- Acknowledge your staff’s contribution to your business success