Recent Malaysia news releases issued by EY.
- Consumer confidence in Malaysia’s banking industry on a strong rise
4 March 2014
The global survey, which looks at banking through the lens of the customer, finds consumer confidence in Malaysia’s banking industry is on a strong rise.
- Medtech companies urged to re-engineer business model to survive
27 February 2014
While the medtech industry faces significant challenges, there are strong growth opportunities for companies that can deliver differentiated health outcomes in cost-efficient ways.
- Malaysia among new wave of rapid-growth markets to provide significant opportunities for global insurers
19 February 2014
Opportunities for expansion into new markets represent a powerful force accelerating growth in insurance premiums– especially as economic performance languishes in the developed world.
- Growing middle-class leading consumption drive in rapid-growth markets
Kuala Lumpur, 10 February 2014
Emerging markets remain center stage and overall growth expected to rebound to 4.7% this year, and 5% by 2015
- Private equity activity expands across Asia-Pacific as market continues to mature
Kuala Lumpur, 6 February 2014
The outlook provides an overview of 2013 and the priorities, trends and opportunities envisaged for 2014.
- EY: Banks need to transform and redefine industry practices to meet future ROE
Kuala Lumpur, 13 January 2014
While banks seek to rehabilitate the industry post financial crisis 2008, challenges have resulted in ROE at many banks failing to cover the cost of equity.
- Global Islamic banking assets expected to hit USD 1.6 trillion by 2018
Kuala Lumpur, 6 January 2014
Malaysia among countries to drive the next wave of development and Islamic banking assets to grow to reach US$1.6t by 2018 globally.