Recent Malaysia news releases issued by EY.
- Organizations that develop cross-disciplinary, diverse teams perform better – but lack of “inclusive leaders” hinder success
19 December 2013
9 out of 10 companies agree that the problems confronting them are now so complex that high performance teams are essential to provide effective solutions
- Growth back in focus among Southeast Asian corporates as market confidence rise
9 December 2013
While market sentiments have moderated in Malaysia, respondents are still pursuing acquisitions in coming months, indicating that corporates are still looking for consolidation and growth.
- Dr Ngau Boon Keat of Dialog Group Bhd is the Malaysian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2013
28 November 2013
EY announces the category winners and the country winner for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2013 Malaysia awards.
- Cyber-crime is greatest global threat to organizations’ survival today
27 November 2013
With information security functions not fully meeting the needs of organizations, companies globally are increasing their investment in cyber-security to combat the ever increasing threat.
- Growth potential remains high for global takaful industry
21 October 2013
The global takaful industry has maintained its double digit growth trajectory in the last six years, although there was noticeable moderation to 16% in 2012.
- EY announces Top Nominees for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2013 Malaysia awards
17 October 2013
EY announces 13 Top Nominees in the Emerging, Technology, Woman and Master categories for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2013 Malaysia awards.
- Malaysian government and companies have made concerted efforts to combat bribery and corruption but more can be done still
30 September 2013
Developing compliance programmes to counter fraud, bribery and corruption has been a key focus of the government and corporate sector in Malaysia.
- Winner of inaugural EY Young Tax Professional of the Year Malaysia announced
19 July 2013
Joel Wong, 23, of HELP University has been named the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year (YTPY) 2013 Malaysia.
- Domestic activity in Malaysia is solid and export demand to pick up in H2 2013
12 July 2013
According to EY’s latest report, Malaysia’s domestic activity remains solid and export demand is expected to pick up in the second half of the year.
- Steven Phan appointed EY Asia-Pacific Area Managing Partner
9 July 2013
EY today announced the appointment of Steven Phan, a Malaysian national, as EY’s new Asia-Pacific Area Managing Partner.
- Mark Weinberger becomes EY Global Chairman and CEO
1 July 2013
EY announced Mark Weinberger as Global Chairman and CEO. The professional services organization also announced EY as its global brand name, unveiled a new logo.
- Safety tops risk agendas according to oil and gas executives
Kuala Lumpur, 7 June 2013
Our Business Pulse report explores the top 10 risks and opportunities for the oil and gas industry in 2013 and beyond.
- Dr Chia Song Kun of QL Resources Berhad competing for prestigious award recognizing the world’s leading entrepreneurs
Kuala Lumpur, 4 June 2013
Dr Chia Song Kun of QL Resources Berhad heads for Monte Carlo, Monaco, for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award.
- EY report: Operational effectiveness biggest growth driver in next decade
Hong Kong, 31 May 2013
Improving operational practices may represent the single biggest driver of productivity gains in over the next decade, according to our China productivity report.
- The Netherlands and Spain top football’s financial attractiveness league
London and Rotterdam, 28 May 2013
Our latest tax and professional footballers report ranks the Netherlands and Spain as the most attractive destinations for players based on local financial provisions.
- EY launches Young Tax Professional of the Year Award in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, 15 May 2013
EY is delighted to announce the launch of its Young Tax Professional of the Year (YTPY) award for the first time in Malaysia.
- Malaysian corporates focus on stability and growth
Kuala Lumpur, 10 May 2013
Market sentiments are up in Malaysia from a round of pessimism, according to our Southeast Asia issue of the Global Capital Confidence Barometer.
- Recommendations for successful corporate banking
Kuala Lumpur, 30 April 2013
Corporates question their banks' ability to meet expectations on 11 of the 16 key performance criteria surveyed in EY's recent corporate banking survey.
- EY seeks extraordinary entrepreneurs
Kuala Lumpur, 15 April 2013
Nominations for the EY EOY 2013 Malaysia awards now open.
- Improving macroeconomic conditions drive an improved IPO outlook for 2013
Kuala Lumpur, 5 April 2013
EY’s Global IPO activity outlook 2013 reviews IPO activity in the first quarter of 2013, and envisages further improvement in Q2 2013.
- Pricing pressure and cost cutting: top risks for business in 2013
Kuala Lumpur, 15 March 2013
Companies are shifting their thinking away from waiting for an upturn and are concentrating on optimising their business by cutting costs and increasing efficiency.
- Buoyant demand in trade and commodities to boost growth in rapid-growth markets (RGM), including Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, 15 February 2013
Increasing intra-regional trade, easing of monetary and fiscal policies, and higher demand for commodities will lead to an improvement in the economic outlook for the rapid-growth markets (RGMs) in 2013, according to EY’s latest quarterly Rapid-Growth Markets Forecast (RGMF).
- Malaysia makes headway in global indices and is projected to significantly improve her ranking from 2013
Kuala Lumpur, 31 January 2013
Ranking at no 26 on the Index, Malaysia performed marginally better than the previous year in the areas of trade integration and technology exchange.
- EY: 5 market strategies for insurers to grow beyond
Kuala Lumpur, 23 January 2013
The report highlights growth opportunities for Asia-Pacific insurers, and identifies key areas which could represent a major source of premium and profit potential over the next year.
- Strategic talent management models are key for global growth, says survey
Kuala Lumpur, 7 January 2013
Paradigm shift: building a new talent management model to boost growth highlights the direct link between the financial performance of a company and how it manages talent.
- 2013 will still pose significant challenges, but banks encouraged to take bold action, says EY survey
Kuala Lumpur, 2 January 2013
2013 will be another challenging year for the banking industry, as many global banks remain under-capitalized and struggle to regain the confidence of consumers and businesses both locally and globally. For some, the scale of business transformation necessary will resemble the turnaround of a business in distress. Despite these uphill struggles, however, there are signs that the economy is starting to rebound.